Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM17

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Facing a bit of a dilemma - FM12 was such a different game that I believed that I could get to the CL final and win it, but lots of top english clubs are now coming calling and some very wealthy clubs at that. Would it be better to move or stay going with Limerick. I already have one Rovers save to go back to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I left in the end, a CL humiliation by Madrid pushed me over the edge into a tailspin of "Argh I am never going to get any further!!!" but not to an English club. A poor enough team in Italy caught my attention, the goal being to make them the best in Italy, then move on to another one of the top leagues and take a team to the top. Rinse and repeat a couple of times until I return triumphantly to take Waterford back to the top again (Cork have now overtaken them) and will stay with them until I achieve global domination, however long it takes.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Started my challenge to win a 3rd Champions League with Notts Forest. 20 games into the season and I'm 3rd. Had a 500k transfer kitty so not much wiggle room there. Luckily the squad is pretty decent so I only had to sign a RWB as I was short in that area. Step forward Alan Hutton :D

Have a transfer embargo currently as we are in the middle of an attempted takeover, doesn't really effect me as I have no money to spend either ways. Hopefully the new owners will have some cash for me as the current owners are stingy *****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Lost the play off semi finals with Forest on penalties to Reading :( They equalised in injury time of normal time after I'd dominated the game but couldn't put it to bed. A wobble with about 6 games to go cost me automatic promotion to Norwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

11 or 12 seasons in with Cork City now and getting kind of bored,

• Advertisement

Chairman looking into the possibility of building new stadium, i think I'll hold on until they build one in my honour or else leave if they dont!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mc Love wrote: »
    Chairman looking into the possibility of building new stadium, i think I'll hold on until they build one in my honour or else leave if they dont!

It's the best honour you can get

I usually only do Chelsea career modes, and in older FM's I'd usually be a club legend by the time they build a new stadium and it'd be named in my honour, happened me in 3 different FM's

On a similar note I've won 2 CL's and 1 league in 4 years, Paulo Dybala is a legend yet I'm only favoured personnel :(

• Site Banned Posts: 17 FM Regen

16 years into playing FM and still can't break the habit of occasionally quitting without saving and replaying the match

Am i alone in this?

FM Regen wrote: »
    16 years into playing FM and still can't break the habit of occasionally quitting without saving and replaying the match

Am i alone in this?

No especially when your team didnt deserve to lose the match despite playing out of their skins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

No especially when your team didnt deserve to lose the match despite playing out of their skins

Really?

I don't allow myself to do it anymore, haven't for a few years now. It kinda ruins my entire game for me, I feel its based on a lie and used to end up quitting and starting a new save shortly after :)

It means so much more when you don't do it I will say that for sure, but at the end of the day its a game so I don't judge people for it really.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ever see Chelsea v Barca or Bayern in the Champions League in 2012? The team that dominates doesn't deserve to win, the team that scores the most goals will win

Sure if you're going to start over every time you get a result you don't agree with, why not do other things like take over a club with a new manager when they won't accept the offer you want

There's playing the game the way you want and there's accepting what the game is

Advertisement