Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any reasonably priced alternative to lightwaverf equipment.

• 10-11-2016 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Just looking for alternatives to lightwaverf equipment. Some of the stuff is expensive and soon adds up.

Thoughts...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

It's about the cheapest you'll get.

What are you looking to do?

Some of it is good value

The three pack of sockets and remote 33 pounds
    The three pack of sockets dimming units 43 pounds

The three way 3000W relay at 45 pounds will confirm three different circuits on off control

Some of it is good value

The three way 3000W relay at 45 pounds will confirm three different circuits on off control

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Stoner wrote: »

Some of it is good value

Mainly for remote heating control. Rang them yesterday and price controls for two houses. The second house was for a basic system. The price was in excess of £650 sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Has lightwaverf bidirectional comms to the controller? I'm using some old homeeasy rf controlled sockets on my central heating. Looking at lightwave, but if its the same, the controller doesn't know the current status. Also, the lightwaverf app doesn't seem to get great reviews on the play store. I see there's a third party one and it fares better. What is the OP hoping to use as controller?

CGI_3 wrote:
    Has lightwaverf bidirectional comms to the controller? I'm using some old homeeasy rf controlled sockets on my central heating. Looking at lightwave, but if its the same, the controller doesn't know the current status. Also, the lightwaverf app doesn't seem to get great reviews on the play store. I see there's a third party one and it fares better. What is the OP hoping to use as controller?

The controller knows the temperature at every TRV. Every TRV has a set of schedules in the app. See the pictures I put in the main lightwaverfs thread.

You could have just one TRV paired to the hub, and no boiler or thermostat and you could use and control that TRV. Obviously you couldn't control the boilers operation but when the boiler was on you could control the temp that the TRV opened and closed at

So as far as I'm concerned and from what I've observed. I could take out the boiler switch and thermostat and put in a nest. The TRV wouldn't know the difference.

• Advertisement

And yes TRVs do communicate both ways as does the thermostat. Both are units that have slave devices, the door contact only pairs with a TRV and the boiler switch only pairs with a wireless thermostat

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Stoner wrote: »
    See the pictures I put in the main lightwaverfs thread.

Thanks, missed that thread somehow!

Advertisement