Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf V - Election Fever - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WINS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

OK I never played a game that started with a Lynch before so that's something new. No harm anyway, but it will be a shot in the dark unless someone slips up badly or we spot the Trump challenge.

One thing we really need to avoid is a huge bandwagon on one person for a stupid reason. It's crazy and almost certainly allows the wolves to hide as the chances of getting that lucky on turn 1 are pretty much nil.

Personally I'd be in favour of a hidden vote that everyone says nothing and we make our own choice then justify it after the kill. Wolves hate that **** because they panic if they don't know if they're at risk and won't chance a sneaky vote on another wolf.

The only risk is killing a pv but at this stage it's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

sullivlo wrote: »
    Are you still awaiting confirmation of Vales gender? :pac:

no i am not, thank you very much. mr vale very kindly cleared that up for me.

he's a male btw

another query for the mods...."There will be some twists tied into the number 5 in the game"

can you guys shed any sort of light on this? or anyone have any ideas on what it means?

another query for the mods...."There will be some twists tied into the number 5 in the game"

can you guys shed any sort of light on this? or anyone have any ideas on what it means?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

sullivlo wrote: »
    despite crosstownks best efforts - taking over from Tigger?

Any craic? Any weekend plans?

I don't think I'll ever posses Tiggers ability to spot roles :o

I'll have a few pints tonight. No other weekend plans after that.

On the blind/secret vote thing. I'm up for it simply because I don't think we've done it before and as Jayop said, it won't be of any benefit to the wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Jayop's blind voting makes sense when put like that. What happens if there is a draw in the lynch vote?

cee_jay wrote: »
    Jayop's blind voting makes sense when put like that. What happens if there is a draw in the lynch vote?

Depends on the mod, nothing in the OP about it. When I run games I always have the last vote as the tie breaker but others do the first vote and in some games they even run off the people who are tied in a fresh vote against each other.

Could probably do with that being clarified.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

crosstownk wrote: »

On the blind/secret vote thing. I'm up for it simply because I don't think we've done it before and as Jayop said, it won't be of any benefit to the wolves.
    I concur with jayop and cross, especially given the lynch precedes the first munch.

As it stands so far, I'd be just picking a name out of hat anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    In the event of a tie in the lynch voting, voting will reopen for another 30 minutes to see if a decision can be reached. If after 30 minutes there is still no outright winner, then the last vote received will be the tie breaker

Tut, tut!!!

Jayop wrote: »
    Depends on the mod, nothing in the OP about it. When I run games I always have the last vote as the tie breaker but others do the first vote and in some games they even run off the people who are tied in a fresh vote against each other.

Could probably do with that being clarified.

Tie Breaker Rules

In the event of a tie in the lynch voting, voting will reopen for another 30 minutes to see if a decision can be reached. If after 30 minutes there is still no outright winner, then the last vote received will be the tie breaker

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    I concur with jayop and cross, especially given the lynch precedes the first munch.

As it stands so far, I'd be just picking a name out of hat anyway.

Nah, I think that everyone should have to give a reason after the lynch as to why they voted for a person. That will give us some evidence to work with later in the game. People just saying they choose at random tells us nothing.

Tie Breaker Rules

lol cheers! I read the first few rules there quickly and assumed the tie-breaker rule if there was one would be next to the rules on the lynch vote timing.

I think the blind vote thing tied in with the tie breaker rules could be good.

If there are a few people with the same number of votes we've got a 30 minute window to discuss the "shortlist" and why those people were pinged as suspicious and decide from there as to who to bring to the gallows

And excel spreadsheet set up to track this game. Luckily it's not as complex as the last one!
    Couple of questions on the rules/roles though.

In the last game, the seer only got told if someone was good or evil. The intro says
    1 x Seer - The seer is the leader of the village. They have the ability to peek one player every night, and they will be told the role of the peeked player.

Does this mean they get told the actual role this time?

Lee Harvey Oswald
    Lee Harvey Oswald/Vigilante gets 2 bullets. Their task is to take out Donald Trump, they may choose at whatever time they wish their victim to die - it does not have to be during the nighttime phase. The Vigilante may not disclose their identity on thread before he successfully kills Trump. If the Vigilante shoots twice and misses Trump both times their identity will be revealed putting them in jeopardy.

Who does their identity get revealed to? The whole village or just the werewolves?
    I don't know if that would put them in jeopardy though? If they have used their 2 bullets already, the wolves now know who they are, and they are no longer an imminent danger to them? And they are a known quantity to the village too...

And excel spreadsheet set up to track this game. Luckily it's not as complex as the last one!

In the last game, the seer only got told if someone was good or evil. The intro says
    1 x Seer - The seer is the leader of the village. They have the ability to peek one player every night, and they will be told the role of the peeked player.

Lee Harvey Oswald
    Lee Harvey Oswald/Vigilante gets 2 bullets. Their task is to take out Donald Trump, they may choose at whatever time they wish their victim to die - it does not have to be during the nighttime phase. The Vigilante may not disclose their identity on thread before he successfully kills Trump. If the Vigilante shoots twice and misses Trump both times their identity will be revealed putting them in jeopardy.

Who does their identity get revealed to? The whole village or just the werewolves?
    I don't know if that would put them in jeopardy though? If they have used their 2 bullets already, the wolves now know who they are, and they are no longer an imminent danger to them? And they are a known quantity to the village too...

OK I never played a game that started with a Lynch before so that's something new. No harm anyway, but it will be a shot in the dark unless someone slips up badly or we spot the Trump challenge.

One thing we really need to avoid is a huge bandwagon on one person for a stupid reason. It's crazy and almost certainly allows the wolves to hide as the chances of getting that lucky on turn 1 are pretty much nil.

Personally I'd be in favour of a hidden vote that everyone says nothing and we make our own choice then justify it after the kill. Wolves hate that **** because they panic if they don't know if they're at risk and won't chance a sneaky vote on another wolf.

The only risk is killing a pv but at this stage it's unlikely.

There is no difference at all having a lynch first. There has been deaths, just not live player ones. I don't get what the problem is. I have seen about 45 games + played this way with the first action being a lynch.

You will be made aware of what is happening once the triggers have been set off

Nah, I think that everyone should have to give a reason after the lynch as to why they voted for a person. That will give us some evidence to work with later in the game. People just saying they choose at random tells us nothing.

No, No I fully agree, I am just saying that at this moment in time I have next to zilch in terms of suspicion... but it's a long way to the lynch unless things get sped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

But picking a name out of a hat might be the only reason I (and others) may have.

Either that or a low/zero poster. There isn't a shred of evidence against anyone at the moment.

There is no difference at all having a lynch first. There has been deaths, just not live player ones. I don't get what the problem is. I have seen about 45 games + played this way with the first action being a lynch.

I have no problem with it at all, it's your game and your rules!!

I was just saying that I've never seen it done this way before as the motivation for the first lynch is as revenge for the slaughter and trying to figure out who would have killed the person slaughtered is a good clue to use to pick the lynch target.

I'm cool for school to do it your way though!

jaysus... the GM is gonna release Tigs into the game at some point to fúck sh1t up :P

• Advertisement

Lee Harvey Oswald

The role of the person the seer peeks is told to them. You will also find out the roles of the dead as it happens.

I will leave the second one for you guys to work out :)

There isn't a shred of evidence against anyone at the moment.

I dunno that WerewolfGM creature is looking a bit suss to me, seems to know a lot about the roles....

I have no problem with it at all, it's your game and your rules!!

I was just saying that I've never seen it done this way before as the motivation for the first lynch is as revenge for the slaughter and trying to figure out who would have killed the person slaughtered is a good clue to use to pick the lynch target.

I'm cool for school to do it your way though!

geez which party did you vote for? was it not bad enough that the POTUS was killed and Bernie Saunders? what will it take for you to feel you need to avenge folk ;)

But picking a name out of a hat might be the only reason I (and others) may have.

Either that or a low/zero poster. There isn't a shred of evidence against anyone at the moment.

You'll have about 36 hours of posting so surely everyone will be able to come up with something better than picking someone at random. A low poster is a reason, not a great one but better than picking someone from a hat.

Surely someone will do something you think could be a task, someone will behave different to previous games, someone will do something in the day and a half leading to the lynch to give you a tiny reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

No, No I fully agree, I am just saying that at this moment in time I have next to zilch in terms of suspicion... but it's a long way to the lynch unless things get sped up.

But but, it'll be Saturday. Everyone has a late lynch on a saturday...

:D

The role of the person the seer peeks is told to them. You will also find out the roles of the dead as it happens.

I will leave the second one for you guys to work out :)

And I also hadn't noticed there was no priest in the game. That makes it a bit easier for us then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

We all know what that means

POWERPLAY!!!!!!!

Woop woop woop!!!!

:pac:

tritium wrote: »
    We all know what that means

POWERPLAY!!!!!!!

Woop woop woop!!!!

:pac:

Lynch me now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Well even if Lee is only revealed to Trump/wolves, they should come out to us. There's not much point in the wolves having access to info we don't have. Obviously they'd need to outline the reasons for killing who they did.

I think that they'd be revealed to everyone anyway, that was how I read it the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Or is there and Jay has spotted it? All hail Jayop! The New Tigger!!! Lol :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement