Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf V - Election Fever - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WINS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Barney92 wrote: »
    I think that they'd be revealed to everyone anyway, that was how I read it the first time.

I think the last game played with my mind too much #allisnotasitseems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Well even if Lee is only revealed to Trump/wolves, they should come out to us. There's not much point in the wolves having access to info we don't have. Obviously they'd need to outline the reasons for killing who they did.

I think that they'd be revealed to everyone anyway, that was how I read it the first time.

The rules read like his identity will be revealed to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Jayop wrote: »
    You'll have about 36 hours of posting so surely everyone will be able to come up with something better than picking someone at random. A low poster is a reason, not a great one but better than picking someone from a hat.

Surely someone will do something you think could be a task, someone will behave different to previous games, someone will do something in the day and a half leading to the lynch to give you a tiny reason.

You're dead right. Hopefully something will surface that will allow us to point the finger of suspicion at someone. If that happens it will obviously influence voting decisions. If it doesn't then it'll be as random as it is at this exact moment.

Hopefully the 30 hours or so will reveal something.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Or is there and Jay has spotted it? All hail Jayop! The New Tigger!!! Lol :D

Do you remember the game I played in? I was a NRV and tried to lead the village with that role but ended up being up for lynch every night and basically losing the game for the village by surviving night after night against good villagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

The rules read like his identity will be revealed to everyone.

Yeah I'd imagine that is the case. Just saying what I thought should happen if they aren't revealed to all.

• Advertisement

One thing I would say (and I know I already broke this a little) is that if anyone is trying to think of possible Trump tasks they should keep them to themselves until after they happen in the thread. For example if I thought the task could be something like someone saying "make boards great again" then don't mention it until after you see someone saying it on the thread otherwise Trump won't do it for fear of being caught.

I'm starting a list here of possible Trump related tasks that people could be asked to do. Not a big list at this stage admittedly.

One thing I would say (and I know I already broke this a little) is that if anyone is trying to think of possible Trump tasks they should keep them to themselves until after they happen in the thread. For example if I thought the task could be something like someone saying "make boards great again" then don't mention it until after you see someone saying it on the thread otherwise Trump won't do it for fear of being caught.

I'm starting a list here of possible Trump related tasks that people could be asked to do. Not a big list at this stage admittedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Well even if Lee is only revealed to Trump/wolves, they should come out to us. There's not much point in the wolves having access to info we don't have. Obviously they'd need to outline the reasons for killing who they did.

So, if Lee misses Trump does its* nominated victim die or is it just a bullet wasted? I assumed a bullet wasted. If the non-Trump victim dies, then there's a revenge lynching to worry about for Lee.

*her/his

*Mods, mind if I delete the double post??*

Do you remember the game I played in? I was a NRV and tried to lead the village with that role but ended up being up for lynch every night and basically losing the game for the village by surviving night after night against good villagers.

Yes. But it wasn't just down to you. What also helped was that the two remaining wolves kept relatively quiet throughout the whole game and simply hid. For some reason nobody called them out to account for themselves and they sniggered contently as the villagers picked each other off one by one.

This is one reason why we need to not loose sight of low posters. I'm not saying that we automatically lynch them - just don't let them hide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Or is there and Jay has spotted it? All hail Jayop! The New Tigger!!! Lol :D

We were both involved in that ****show. At least we were right about each other!!

I actually think you've made a great point tho about the volume of evidence we might have by tomorrow night. The secret ballot is looking like a plan.
    You're thinking like a mod when you say you're looking for potential tasks. I'll have to start doing that.

cdaly_ wrote: »
    So, if Lee misses Trump does its* nominated victim die or is it just a bullet wasted? I assumed a bullet wasted. If the non-Trump victim dies, then there's a revenge lynching to worry about for Lee.

*her/his

Normally they kill the target regardless if it's Trump or now.
    crosstownk wrote: »
    Yes. But it wasn't just down to you. What also helped was that the two remaining wolves kept relatively quiet throughout the whole game and simply hid. For some reason nobody called them out to account for themselves and they sniggered contently as the villagers picked each other off one by one.

This is one reason why we need to not loose sight of low posters. I'm not saying that we automatically lynch them - just don't let them hide.

Yeah iirc one of the reasons I went after Barney* was low posting along with some other reason that I now forget.

*May not have been Barney, I have a head like a sieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

I think it would make things a lot easier for us though if it was officially released by gm rather than the potential situation of two "Lees" coming forward.

Howdy all going to catch up on the thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Lynch me now! :pac:
    Jayop selflessly nominating himself for the first lynch race.

Halfway through Id be suss on anyone steering voting away from races, this game only has one bad team so voting patterns are much more important than in previous 3 team games.

So thats Molly and Andy on my suss lists so far

Halfway through Id be suss on anyone steering voting away from races, this game only has one bad team so voting patterns are much more important than in previous 3 team games.

Race on what basis? Races are great if you happen to have a wolf but with many more NRV's than wolves the chances of racing two innocents is huge and then the wolves can vote with impunity and we'll have yet another waster vote with absolutely no information to glean from them.

can I ask, in the previous 4 games has racing ever actually worked? Have we ever caught or lynched a wolf by doing it?

I wouldn't be a fan of a race at this early stage either so you better add me to your suss list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Oh micky, everygame :P

Race on what basis? Races are great if you happen to have a wolf but with many more NRV's than wolves the chances of racing two innocents is huge and then the wolves can vote with impunity and we'll have yet another waster vote with absolutely no information to glean from them.

can I ask, in the previous 4 games has racing ever actually worked? Have we ever caught or lynched a wolf by doing it?

People never go back and check voting patterns though 2 games back it would have left a list of 2 people who were very likely wolfs but no one bothered checking.

Organisation is much better than random lynches Jayo.

We Race based on suspects like always wierd you are trying to cause confusion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

3 wolfs tried to lynch me in one of the games, it failed and they lost the game

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

I think for tomorrow night that it should be a vote kept in private and everyone post there reasoning after. As stated elsewhere it will panic wolves as they wont know what is happening after that maybe the race

People never go back and check voting patterns though 2 games back it would have left a list of 2 people who were very likely wolfs but no one bothered checking.

Organisation is much better than random lynches Jayo.

We Race based on suspects like always wierd you are trying to cause confusion

I agree with organisation but I think the way we do the "races" here is pointless. For a start who chooses who we race tomorrow night and subsequent nights?

For me we should do the private voting tomorrow night then get organised for the next nights.

On another forum I played a ton of games what we did was get everyone to give the names of three people they felt most suspicious about. We referred to it as a free for all and used a hashtag like #FFA1 for the first one that way you can use the search function to gather them all together. Once everyone has done it then we take the top 3 and not the top 2 and runt hem against each other. That way you've 50% more chance of having a wolf in the race and more chance of gaining evidence on other wolves. Also, once a wolf is identified you can also go back over the people they nominated each night and look if there's any clues there.

If I survive till the second lynch I'll organise that if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ah Mick ffs don't start this again. Many people here have pointed out why they think a race at this stage is a bad idea so your list is much bigger than me and Andy. I have consistently put forward an idea that a free vote is better than a race.
    The fact that you're jumping on this is more suspicious tbh.

My last post... until I return drunk later...
    I found the 2 person race to lynch last time absolutely useless - it seemed to be whomever shouted the loudest about their "suspicion" was listened to. Sometimes that suspicion was quite unfounded, they just had to repeat it and people followed. That doesn't seem to be the best idea.
    Unless there is some quite reasonable, founded-in-truth suggestion, I can't support the race idea. Much prefer the private voting or the #FFA1 as mentioned by Jayop in his last post.

My last post... until I return drunk later...
    I found the 2 person race to lynch last time absolutely useless - it seemed to be whomever shouted the loudest about their "suspicion" was listened to. Sometimes that suspicion was quite unfounded, they just had to repeat it and people followed. That doesn't seem to be the best idea.
    Unless there is some quite reasonable, founded-in-truth suggestion, I can't support the race idea. Much prefer the private voting or the #FFA1 as mentioned by Jayop in his last post.

What's the link to see the number of posts by poster on this thread?

cee_jay wrote: »
    What's the link to see the number of posts by poster on this thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2057669121

Seems like Im outnumbered but Random private voting has to increase our chances of killing off a good role IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

BANG and post 150 has been reached. Here is the first twist.

We are going to play a game and the winner will receive an extra vote at the lynch on a night of your choice. Use wisely as you could end up dying before getting to use this fabulous prize!

To win this wonderful prize we need you to find us a funny Donald Trump meme or create one that is as relevant to this game as possible.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement