Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf V - Election Fever - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WINS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

cee_jay wrote: »
    What's the link to see the number of posts by poster on this thread?

You have to change to full site, then click on the number of posts in the thread.

I think for the first lynch we should go private vote. But everyone must give a reason for their vote after. If they don't then they should be picked off i guess. But the wolves won't have a clue where to go if we go this route imo. They'll have to group together on someone...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I am also against the random racing at this stage of the game.

In any event, unless there's some genuine suss posting during the first day or two, most selections will ultimately be random.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Hi all, apologies, Friday is a crazy day at work, but will be back in the game with new vigour tomorrow!

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    BANG and post 150 has been reached. Here is the first twist.

We are going to play a game and the winner will receive an extra vote at the lynch on a night of your choice. Use wisely as you could end up dying before getting to use this fabulous prize!

To win this wonderful prize we need you to find us a funny Donald Trump meme or create one that is as relevant to this game as possible.

Good luck!

Is this me? do I have to post it or can I link it im not great on the auld computters

ok that went horribly wrong

donald_trump_wolf_by_fallenangelofcrimson-da4myn0.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Random private voting has to increase our chances of killing off a good role IMO.

How do you reckon that racing will lead to increased chances of getting a wolf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Seems like Im outnumbered but Random private voting has to increase our chances of killing off a good role IMO.

4 x good roles
    5 x evil roles

The odds of killing an evil are better because the wolves will have to spread their votes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Jayop wrote: »
    4 x good roles
    5 x evil roles

The odds of killing an evil are better because the wolves will have to spread their votes out.

but wouldn't their 5 votes be spread on random villagers and not themselves which would make it more likely of a villager or rolled player being lynched?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Uriel. wrote: »
    ok that went horribly wrong

Not so horribly wrong. I think that's a deserved winner. Speedy keys!!

crosstownk wrote: »
    How do you reckon that racing will lead to increased chances of getting a wolf?
    4 x good roles
    5 x evil roles

Im saying random increases the chances of killing a good role. Maybe Im missing something but as a villager I know 1 role out of 22. Wolfs know 5 out of 22. They will seer hunt in a pool of 17 players and random secretvoting means less votes it will take to kill a person.

If we race and are about to kill the seer then they can come out an be protected anyways kinda like Tigger in game 2 or 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Nopeare

I could just be paranoid but there is a lot of people double posting... team task to get a wolf see on the first day?

andy125 wrote: »
    but wouldn't their 5 votes be spread on random villagers and not themselves which would make it more likely of a villager or rolled player being lynched?

Andy gets it

Slightly improves their odds on survival, probably on balance they have equal odds of dying as one of the PV's.

Look the likelyhood of getting a hit on an evil on lynch 1 is minimal so the best we can hope for is some useful information. We get that by seeing who voted for who and why rather than looking at 2 people or 1 run away lynch of an innocent.

Nopeare wrote: »
    I could just be paranoid but there is a lot of people double posting... team task to get a wolf see on the first day?
    The double posting is a boards wide issue at the moment. You can see it on other forums. Not sure what the problem is though. Unfortunately here we can't delete posts due to the game rules.

Nopeare wrote: »

I doubt it. Boards has been slow for me the last few days from when I click the 'Submit Reply' button. I've had double posts on other forums also.

I doubt it. Boards has been slow for me the last few days from when I click the 'Submit Reply' button. I've had double posts on other forums also.

yea seems to be only slow for me when i actually hit reply, takers 5-10sec to post

See the last page of the feedback thread
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057503701/73

It's a known issue and being looked into. I think it's safe to say double posting is not sign of a task

Im saying random increases the chances of killing a good role. Maybe Im missing something but as a villager I know 1 role out of 22. Wolfs know 5 out of 22. They will seer hunt in a pool of 17 players and random secretvoting means less votes it will take to kill a person.

If we race and are about to kill the seer then they can come out an be protected anyways kinda like Tigger in game 2 or 3

Their still not going to put more than one vote on a person in all likelyhood because if they do and that innocent gets lynched then clearly the people who voted for them are going to be under pressure.

Say for example they take a chance as I would if I was a wolf and put one of their votes on a fellow wolf and after that they spread their other 4 votes out evenly among the other 17 players.

The 4/17 will have an additional vote against them before the innocents start voting.

That means there's around a 75% chance that the seer will not be voted for by a wolf and are pretty safe. Doing it this way is the best way to start the game.

Lynch me if we kill a seer doing it.

Their still not going to put more than one vote on a person in all likelyhood because if they do and that innocent gets lynched then clearly the people who voted for them are going to be under pressure.

Say for example they take a chance as I would if I was a wolf and put one of their votes on a fellow wolf and after that they spread their other 4 votes out evenly among the other 17 players.

The 4/17 will have an additional vote against them before the innocents start voting.

That means there's around a 75% chance that the seer will not be voted for by a wolf and are pretty safe. Doing it this way is the best way to start the game.

Lynch me if we kill a seer doing it.

Fair enough you seem better at maths than me, any game ive followed always raced people so always thought it was the way to go

Fair enough you seem better at maths than me, any game ive followed always raced people so always thought it was the way to go

I think a race has more benefit when we have players who are acting suspiciously and are under suspicion based on posts/behaviour. At this early stage of the game with zero information I don't think a race will achieve much.

That said, something might happen between now and the lynch that might support having a race.

• Advertisement

I've no issues with races, but not on turn 1. Like I said, I'll organise the FFA thing on Sunday if I'm alive and it has a consensus.

GM OR SULLIVLO,

can you delete the horribly wrong meme post attempt... It just pulled in the vb code from the host website and its just displaying a huge wall of garbled text which messes up the thread... Especially on mobile devices

Thanks

I've no issues with races, but not on turn 1. Like I said, I'll organise the FFA thing on Sunday if I'm alive and it has a consensus.

FFA sounds like an interesting lynch format and i would be up for trying it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Uriel. wrote: »
    GM OR SULLIVLO,

can you delete the horribly wrong meme post attempt... It just pulled in the vb code from the host website and its just displaying a huge wall of garbled text which messes up the thread... Especially on mobile devices

Thanks

I can't but you can edit this post since I am saying so :)

FFA sounds like an interesting lynch format and i would be up for trying it

It's an absolute pain in the cock to organise because you need to hound people to do it for some reason. Should be easy enough to begin with but people get fed up doing it after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh so was it just first person to post the meme wins the prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Ill submit the following meme so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

I think a race has more benefit when we have players who are acting suspiciously and are under suspicion based on posts/behaviour. At this early stage of the game with zero information I don't think a race will achieve much.

That said, something might happen between now and the lynch that might support having a race.

I can get behind this idea. Lets provisionally go random and assess information by midday tomorrow to see if we have anything better

Also Mick is a wolf because he disagreed with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

So just to be clear.

Private vote tomorrow, but everyone has to give a reason after the lynch.

Jayops ffa after that when we have a bit more to go on?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement