Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf V - Election Fever - GAME OVER - VILLAGE WINS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

gufc21 wrote: »
    So just to be clear.

Private vote tomorrow, but everyone has to give a reason after the lynch.

Jayops ffa after that when we have a bit more to go on?

I'm happy enough with that for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

tritium wrote: »
    Ill submit the following meme so.

It was just the first to post the meme won the prize.

Uriel. was the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I can get behind this idea. Lets provisionally go random and assess information by midday tomorrow to see if we have anything better
    crosstownk wrote: »
    I'm happy enough with that for now.

Me too with tritium's caveat above

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    It was just the first to post the meme won the prize.

Uriel. was the winner

Ha in your face Trit :p

Now the only thing is in hindsight.. I don't want the responsibility of having two votes... Arrrrgh :)

Jayop wrote: »
    Also Mick is a wolf because he disagreed with me.

I still disagree with you tbh. I think your way increases the likely hood of RV being killed I just cannot prove it as Im **** at maths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

I still disagree with you tbh. I think your way increases the likely hood of RV being killed I just cannot prove it as Im **** at maths

I rhink the racing basically reduces to random picks if we dont have a basis for selecting the racers. Its still a limited approach so is hope well get something more definite ro work with before then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

No, you are absolutely right, there's more chance of an PV being killed my way than running off two players. It's a risk, but it's way more likely to give us more information than running off two random players.

I guess I put more premium on keeping RV safe then you Jayo weather thats right or wrong in a trade off for info I dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Jayop wrote: »
    No, you are absolutely right, there's more chance of an PV being killed my way than running off two players. It's a risk, but it's way more likely to give us more information than running off two random players.

Pretty sure the odds are the same in a random selection for both.

Pretty sure the odds are the same in a random selection for both.

The odds are the same in the selection but if we publicly run off two people then the PV will know they're heads on the line so they can out themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ok look I'm terrible at maths and basically when any of you start talking statistics in here my eyes glaze over and I speed read through the post.
    The way I'm looking at it is the last 4 games have raced people for the first lynch and it hasn't really worked (Not counting Tigger's influence in the last game). So whats the harm in trying a different way this time?

Ok look I'm terrible at maths and basically when any of you start talking statistics in here my eyes glaze over and I speed read through the post.
    The way I'm looking at it is the last 4 games have raced people for the first lynch and it hasn't really worked (Not counting Tigger's influence in the last game). So whats the harm in trying a different way this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm happy to do either a private vote or a race, but I think that private votes might yield more info or more talking points. We tend to be an unorganised bunch around races - we faff about all day and then panic.

God dammit boards! Mods can I delete that second post?

Ill submit the following meme so.
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    God dammit boards! Mods can I delete that second post?

Just leave them Molly, it's no bother it is on twice.

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm happy to do either a private vote or a race, but I think that private votes might yield more info or more talking points. We tend to be an unorganised bunch around races - we faff about all day and then panic.

I agree with the faffing and panicking.

One reason why I'm in favour of the private vote is because we haven't really tried it before so I think something different might be a good learning experience and I can't see how it can be any worse than a race. At worst we'll know not to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

crosstownk wrote: »
    I agree with the faffing and panicking.

One reason why I'm in favour of the private vote is because we haven't really tried it before so I think something different might be a good learning experience and I can't see how it can be any worse than a race. At worst we'll know not to do it again.

Yup. And we might get an idea of who may be suspicious of each other and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭AnLachaCorcra

I was all for making people give their reasons for voting, but I suppose Jayop's idea that a private vote might make the Wolves panic and make a mistake makes sense. Tbh probably doesn't make a massive difference how we do it for the first lynch or two, since it'll all be guesswork anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

playing catch up here. What's been happening?

Stuff and things. Basically we're almost all agreed on doing a secret lynch tomorrow night with everyone posting their reasons for who they voted for after the lynch is done. We'll take it from there then.

Also just checked, 3 people haven't checked in yet:
    degrassinoel
    Stoogie
    Paddy Cow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

I'm around but my laptop is annoying me. I either have a virus or my hard drive is kaput.
    There's no lynch tonight and as far as I can assertain the only clue is the Trump task. What type of task did Mrs flushdraw do the last time she ran a game ?

Stoogie wrote: »
    I'm around but my laptop is annoying me. I either have a virus or my hard drive is kaput.
    There's no lynch tonight and as far as I can assertain the only clue is the Trump task. What type of task did Mrs flushdraw do the last time she ran a game ?

I don't think MrsF ran a game on Boards before. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Hey buddy how's the car, she ran ww2 its on the other bit of the forum under mod queue. On my phone so can't be bothered linking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Did Trigger get his own room in the end?

Did Trigger get his own room in the end?

Trigger is happy out and posting to his wee hearts content :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

The task in that game was for the assassin to spell shoot in five consecutive posts with the first letter of each post

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Trigger is happy out and posting to his wee hearts content :D

Has he found all the wolves yet?

Ok so the task here for Donald will be the same. Come on ramblers lets get rambling.

Ok so the task here for Donald will be the same. Come on ramblers lets get rambling.

And watch out for barneys

• Advertisement

That's not necessarily true though. The task could be anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement