Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cavan Rock Band

• 10-11-2016 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Heyo,my names Gary and I wanna start a band.

Not looking to take over the world..just deface it a bit

Playing garage/progressive/punk

I live in Belturbet , play the guitar and sing and write songs..

heres my youtube channel

So if anyone reading this wants to get something going HMU

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭kevinray

Are you looking to put together a rock band? Covers or originals? What musucians are u looking for drums/bass/guitars??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GazzyWazzy

Hey man,thanks for checking out the thread.

I tell ya what,I'm looking to do something original,from the ground up...old school..weekly practice..bring the rock...have the craic...make a set and start gigging.
    I'm not long in Cavan,I literally don't know anybody so its just me throwing this out there and hoping the cosmos will cooperate.

I have no expectations and am keen to do some collaborating of some description..whatever shape that takes.

But hopefully its rock n roll shaped

Its hard to find musicians in cavan I've been trying for a long time i was looking to start something myself on the brit pop rock cover scene but no takers...

Well,seeing as though you're at nothing,if you ever feel like trying to write some original **** gimme a shout.

In fact I would be into trying to do folky two piece thing on acoustic as well

But sure anyway,I'm going nowhere,and by the looks of it thats in more ways than one lol .

So ,going forward, let this thread act as a beacon..come unto me all you great unwashed rock has beens and wannabees,ye tone deaf and begolden eared, supremely talented and chronically untalented alike ,and let us rise like a cacophonous phoenix from the drumlins of County Caaaavaaaaaan

Timewasters especially welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Plenty of Musicians in Cavan, you are just looking in the wrong place.

Try sticking up an add in the music schools and the College. The Institute has a few music courses included a performance course. Just depends on what level your looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 MeathOrient

PM sent.

And then there were two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Maguirearch

Get anyone yet ??? ..I am a Guitarist, Bassist and Drummer

Well gary....did u get this up and running.

Advertisement