Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Patricia Houston

Options
  • 10-11-2016 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Would anyone know the whereabouts of Patricia Houston (birth / maiden name), possibly from Northern Ireland but in Dublin in April 1964. Today would be aged over 65+. If yes, please reply.

Also if anyone has any suggestions as to where is teh best place to get an audience for searching in Northern Ireland e.g. newspaper classifieds, forums etc., please let me know.

Many thanks
    Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Why do you think she is from N.I.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cocopops

Irish news newspaper (circulated all over N.I and border counties)
    Northern Standard newspaper (same)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stephen1966

goat2 wrote: »
    Why do you think she is from N.I.

We believe so, but if you know otherwise, please let me know.

Many thanks
    Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lots of Houstons in Derry these days. Might narrow it down a little. There's also a genealogy centre in the Ulster American folk park in Omagh. It might be more about emigrants though.

We believe so, but if you know otherwise, please let me know.

Many thanks
    Stephen
    Houston is a very rare name, I dont know anyone going by that name, but I am thinking it should be easier than alot of other names to pin down, lets hope someone on here know,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Do you know her approx age when she gave birth

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Searching the civil birth records for the Republic at Family Search there are two entries in the 1950's

- Patricia Houston b. 1951 Dublin mothers maiden name Slattery

- Patricia L Houston b. 1958 Dublin mothers maiden name Hetreed

Before that the entries are from the 1920's and earlier which I'm guessing might be too early for you.

Then searching the civil birth records for the North at GRONI there appears to be no likely entries for Patricia Houston between 1930 and 1964.

Hope this is of some help.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    Then searching the civil birth records for the North at GRONI there appears to be no likely entries for Patricia Houston between 1930 and 1964.

That's because GRONI employ the 50/75/100 year cut off point for births, marriages and deaths respectively.:o

Genealogy Forum Mod

what age should she be now

goat2 wrote: »
    what age should she be now
    Today would be aged over 65+.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Have you searched for a marriage for Patricia after your birth.

Houston is her maiden name I am guessing, are there a lot of Houston living in ireland, I have never come across Houston in my lifetime, must be a very rare name

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

There are 14 Houstons listed in the Dublin area telephone directory for this very year, 2017.

If you approach the National Library or the equivalent in Northern Ireland, they may have the phone directories for the 1960's.

Probably fewer names then as not everyone could afford a phone. Well worth a shot.

May be one of these Houstons could be related to her, could be aunt, uncle, first cousins, would be great, Having a rare surname should make it easier to find her, where as if you are looking for o Sullivan, Mccarthy and so on it would be much harder to trawl that with the vast amount of people with that surname

• Registered Users Posts: 1 debzie87

Hi Stephen I myself am looking for a Patricia Houston from Derry N. Ireland but was in Dublin in April 1964.

I know this thread was a few years ago but I just came across it in my search and wondering if it's the same personwe are looking for??

Advertisement