Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash and Carry kitchens have still not paid back my deposit

Options
  • 10-11-2016 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

My dad (who is 82 years old ) wanted to upgrade his kitchen . So I took him to the cash and carry showrooms out in Tramore road. A salesperson did a ten minute design of the kitchen and quoted a price which I thought was a bit high. He then asked us for a 100 euro booking deposit . He also gave a mobile number of a fitter who would call out and take further measurements .
    After a week my dad decided not to go ahead with it . A salesperson from c&c rang shortly after this , and I told him we weren't interested anymore and wanted the booking deposit back . He then said we were only entitled to 50 euro back which I though was a bit cheeky , when they say on there website that your entitled to a free design appointment .
    So I rang them 2 weeks ago again and asked for the full 100 euro to be returned .
    And still they refuse to pay it back .
    What action can we take from here ?. I still have the booking deposit receipt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

Make a programme about it, get donal mc intyre to present it! He gets results n the women like him so viewership should be high!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Wrong thread/forum perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,715 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is the man you need to sort it out.

Don_t_Get_Done_Get_Dom.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

of all the forums to pick.........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

oconn96048 wrote: »
    My dad (who is 82 years old ) wanted to upgrade his kitchen . So I took him to the cash and carry showrooms out in Tramore road. A salesperson did a ten minute design of the kitchen and quoted a price which I thought was a bit high. He then asked us for a 100 euro booking deposit . He also gave a mobile number of a fitter who would call out and take further measurements .
    After a week my dad decided not to go ahead with it . A salesperson from c&c rang shortly after this , and I told him we weren't interested anymore and wanted the booking deposit back . He then said we were only entitled to 50 euro back which I though was a bit cheeky , when they say on there website that your entitled to a free design appointment .
    So I rang them 2 weeks ago again and asked for the full 100 euro to be returned .
    And still they refuse to pay it back .
    What action can we take from here ?. I still have the booking deposit receipt
    Surely if you paid the deposit then changed your mind you can't expect a refund. If you thought the price was a bit high why did you pay the deposit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is the television forum. I'll move it to Consumer Issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Aren't booking deposits usually non refundable except in certain circumstances with change of mind not being one of them? Am sure if you check T&C's you will find this is covered. Getting half the deposit is them showing goodwill which they aren't obliged to do so would suggest you take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

I would assume that it is standard that unless specifically stated otehrwise, a depostit is non refundable.

For them to offer half deposit back is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 oconn96048

Walter2016 wrote: »
    I would assume that it is standard that unless specifically stated otehrwise, a depostit is non refundable.

For them to offer half deposit back is quite good.

In fairness , the design appointment took less than 10 minutes, with me telling him a brief outline of the units . If this a kitchen being designed, then being charged for this a rip off . So your saying a free design appointment is walking around there showroom and not sitting down discussing the kitchen you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

In fairness , the design appointment took less than 10 minutes, with me telling him a brief outline of the units . If this a kitchen being designed, then being charged for this a rip off . So your saying a free design appointment is walking around there showroom and not sitting down discussing the kitchen you want?

Are you querying a design appointment or a booking deposit?

• Advertisement

You HAD a free design appointment. You paid a deposit on units. You then changed your mind. The deposit was not for the design, which would have been completed when the fitter had done the measuring up. Their offer of a €50 refund was very generous, as deposits are generally non refundable. Accept it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread as the OP has a duplicate version in the DIY forum.

OP - please do not open duplicate threads across multiple fora.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement