Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found at a church as a baby- adopted through Stamullen- any information or help

Options
  • 10-11-2016 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Raymond here as far as I'm aware my date of birth is 15th of may 1966, don't know anything about my parents all I know from family members is I was left at a church as a baby not sure what age, I was adopted from stanmullen again not sure of what age or year, any information of would be greatfull as I'm not sure where to go from here .

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi,

Raymond here as far as I'm aware my date of birth is 15th of may 1966, don't know anything about my parents all I know from family members is I was left at a church as a baby not sure what age, I was adopted from stanmullen again not sure of what age or year, any information of would be greatfull as I'm not sure where to go from here .

Hi Raymond-

Your first port of call- is to the Adoption Authority- who in all probability will release whatever information they have (which may be minimal in nature) to you.
    Thereafter- how sure are you of your date of birth?
    Given the circumstances of how you were found- its very possible that you were not born in one of the maternity hospitals- which means there may, or may not, be an original birth certificate for you. Its worth checking though- if you are sure of your date of birth- follow the instructions in the trace guide here (note- the reading room is not at Warburgh street- in the old dole office).

See if you can possibly get your original birth cert- as a first step- if you can, you can leverage any information in it- in the next stage of your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Raymond2016

Thanks for getting back to me ,

All I know is I have my long birth certificate with my adopted parents details on it , I got it from Lombard street Dublin about 6/7 years ago, that's the only information I have , I think I might came from one of the Magdalene laundry homes

Thanks for getting back to me ,

All I know is I have my long birth certificate with my adopted parents details on it , I got it from Lombard street Dublin about 6/7 years ago, that's the only information I have , I think I might came from one of the Magdalene laundry homes

Ok- Adoption Authority is your first course of call- ask them to release whatever information they can to you- and to indicate the extent of any information they may have, that they are not releasing (give you an idea of what sort of information they have on file).

Follow the steps in the traceguide- and see if you can find your original birth cert- you may get lucky.

Have a go and see how far you get- feel free to pop back here for tips or guidance whenever you like. I'll move your posts off into your own thread- it'll make it easier for you to keep track of them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

long birth cert or entry in to the adoption register?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

(note- the reading room is not at Warburgh street- in the old dole office).

That should read the reading room IS at Werburgh Street.
    Link here if anyone is unfamiliar with the area.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Hermy wrote: »
    That should read the reading room IS at Werburgh Street.
    Link here if anyone is unfamiliar with the area.

Thanks Hermy- of course you're right.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Raymond2016

ThAnks

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi Raymond.
    All the records from St Josephs home in Stamullen are now with Tusla child and family agency, Regional adoption services, Child and family centre, Dublin Road Drogheda, Co Louth. ph 0419893301.
    Get intouch with Tusla and get your non id information, that will make your search so much easier.
    Good luck

Advertisement