Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small extension price

Options
  • 10-11-2016 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi, i'm thinking of building a small extension onto the back of my house to be used as an extra bedroom. the size of the extension will be about 12-15 sq m. there is already 2 standing walls on each side, we just need to build the wall across the back that will lead out onto the back garden and we would like french doors. obviously need a standard roof on it. also, we have a wall about 7x7 in the house separating 2 rooms. we want to knock this down and have one big open planned room. They wall inst load bearing. any idea of the cost of the build? Thanks for any help! ~Ed

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

hi, i'm thinking of building a small extension onto the back of my house to be used as an extra bedroom. the size of the extension will be about 12-15 sq m. there is already 2 standing walls on each side, we just need to build the wall across the back that will lead out onto the back garden and we would like french doors. obviously need a standard roof on it. also, we have a wall about 7x7 in the house separating 2 rooms. we want to knock this down and have one big open planned room. They wall inst load bearing. any idea of the cost of the build? Thanks for any help! ~Ed

25-30 k

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭feckthisgenie

Build a extension 14.8 sq m similar to yours (had 2 existing walls) for 19.500 builders finish

Build a extension 14.8 sq m similar to yours (had 2 existing walls) for 19.500 builders finish

How much extra then to finish/fit it out?
    When did you have this build and where?

Might give the OP a better understanding on pricing and location and timing.

kceire wrote: »
    How much extra then to finish/fit it out?
    When did you have this build and where?

Might give the OP a better understanding on pricing and location and timing.

This summer in the midlands. Another 5 grand there or thereabouts to fInish between paint, flooring, stove, furniture, tv etc

This summer in the midlands. Another 5 grand there or thereabouts to fInish between paint, flooring, stove, furniture, tv etc

So roughly €1655 per square meter.
    thanks.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    So roughly €1655 per square meter.
    thanks.

No the original poster never asked total cost i.e furnish etc. he asked to build and that's usually to builders finish. So from my experience your estimate of 25-30k is over priced.

No the original poster never asked total cost i.e furnish etc. he asked to build and that's usually to builders finish. So from my experience your estimate of 25-30k is over priced.

When you come to Dublin, you won't get your 14.8 extension for 19.5k ;)
    Also, builders finish with the builders I use is to a painted finish and ready for floors and kitchen.

My quote is for a finished job give or take. No point advising someone that it will cost 20k and then at the end they have spent 25k.

Anyway, it's a beer Mat calculation without spec and finishes just like using yours. Thanks.

Advertisement