Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera 2017

Options
  • 10-11-2016 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Anyone with a tip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Shadowfax in the 15:30 at Chepstow tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

I'd say the XX and Bon Iver are certs.
    I'm thinking (hoping) Angel Olsen, Teenage Fanclub, Swans.
    Talk of the National and Arcade Fire coming back (both played 2014) but there is a lot of competition from other Spanish festivals (Bilbao/Madrid/Benicassim)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭BandMember

Any idea when the first acts will start to be announced? Anyone here heading over?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ya i'll consider it. Had a fair idea of a few of the headliners from last year, this one not so certain. Always a great weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

John Cale, Japandroids, Justice, Franz Ferdinand, The XX, Fleet Foxes, Shellac, JAMC, Angel Olsen, Swans, Tove Lo, Body Count, Obituary, Twilight Sad, Cloud Nothings, Major Lazer, Broken Social Scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

John Cale, Japandroids, Justice, Franz Ferdinand, The XX, Fleet Foxes, Shellac, JAMC, Angel Olsen, Swans, Tove Lo, Body Count, Obituary, Twilight Sad, Cloud Nothings, Major Lazer, Broken Social Scene

is that a wishlist or a lineup rumour?!

i've a wedding the June bank holiday that i have to go to so hoping lineup is shíte this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Fleet Foxes are headlining Vida Festival in Barcelona in June so that will rule them out I reckon.

Can see The XX, Bon Iver and maybe Frank Ocean amoung the headliners.

is that a wishlist or a lineup rumour?!

i've a wedding the June bank holiday that i have to go to so hoping lineup is shíte this year!

A wishlist based on sound rumour! Otherwise I'd be wishing for Talk Talk like I do every year. Looks like anyone with J in their name has a good chance next year. Expect to see Jesus Jones, Janes Addiction and a hologram of Janis Joplin.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

A wishlist based on sound rumour! Otherwise I'd be wishing for Talk Talk like I do every year. Looks like anyone with J in their name has a good chance next year. Expect to see Jesus Jones, Janes Addiction and a hologram of Janis Joplin.:D

Has Mark Hollis done anything in the last 30ish years?

Has Mark Hollis done anything in the last 30ish years?

Exactly. I live in hope though!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

oNXKc9A.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Aaaaaaaaaaaand tickets in the bag.

With Radiohead in the middle of June and the combo of Arcade Fire, the xx and Bon Iver in the first week, I've now managed to get tickets to everyone I wanted to see next year, and it's not even Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I wonder how many of them will be at NOS Primavera. Based on other years maybe one or two headliners and a good chunk of 2nd and 3rd tier acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Amazingly good line-up.

Eeh, I dunno.

Having been there 3 out of the last 4 years, that doesn't exactly have me rushing for a ticket.

Will keep an eye on the NOS lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Is Frank Ocean too big to hop over to Dublin for Forbidden fruit that weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Is Frank Ocean too big to hop over to Dublin for Forbidden fruit that weekend?

Good question!

My main aim this year is to see Frank Ocean. Think Primavera might be the way tho, as some great stuff on the lineup for myself.

But would be very interested in Frank's tour plans this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Line up is very impressive. How quickly would you want to be getting a ticket to this? Also, how difficult is it to get affordable accommodation around Barcelona? I was looking at NOS Alive or Bilbao BBK but I can't see any line up beating this one.

Line up is very impressive. How quickly would you want to be getting a ticket to this? Also, how difficult is it to get affordable accommodation around Barcelona? I was looking at NOS Alive or Bilbao BBK but I can't see any line up beating this one.

I think the only recent one to sell out was this year. I've gotten tickets in February in previous years, the 3 installment ones.

I generally stay around Poblenou, the Travelodge or Holiday Inn. Half hour walk to site, beach down the road, maybe half hour walk to la Ramblas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Usually stay in Poblenou aswel, and we've tickets and accom sorted since Septemeber.

Accom has increased considerably around the area thou on previous years.

Question for anyone who has been in the past...

Do the organisers usually unveil the whole line-up in one go or will more be added to yesterday's announcement between now and the festival?

I'm more than happy with that lot, but have only ever been to Irish festivals where you get a few extra bits ever few months.

Next step for me is flights and accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Question for anyone who has been in the past...

Do the organisers usually unveil the whole line-up in one go or will more be added to yesterday's announcement between now and the festival?

I'm more than happy with that lot, but have only ever been to Irish festivals where you get a few extra bits ever few months.

Next step for me is flights and accommodation.

There will be more added, a mix of lower profile to some higher profile between now and probably March/April, also depends on how ticket sales are going.

There will be more added, a mix of lower profile to some higher profile between now and probably March/April, also depends on how ticket sales are going.

Sweet.

I've already got too many to realistically catch over the weekend, may as well add even more to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Apart from six or so acts for the Hidden Stage, I don't think there will any more names added. Published line-up includes Beach Club acts I believe. Something like 130 names on the poster already, you won't catch half of what you would like anyway!

re. accommodation, a lot of holiday apartments have come off the market after the city hall crackdown on unlicensed lettings (they fined Airbnb €60,000). Was only booking this week after surprise line-up announcement caught us napping, very few cheap places going in Poblenou, got a good few knock backs before we found one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Bought tickets to this last night, was looking into doing a festival in Europe this summer and the line up just seemed too good to pass up. Won't be able to afford flights/accommodation until I get paid later in the month so hopefully that isn't leaving it too late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

Bought tickets to this last night, was looking into doing a festival in Europe this summer and the line up just seemed too good to pass up. Won't be able to afford flights/accommodation until I get paid later in the month so hopefully that isn't leaving it too late!

Ever use something like booking.com so you book now and pay later, that's what I do. And I've also grabbed the flight home on the bank holiday Monday.

• Advertisement

Ever use something like booking.com so you book now and pay later, that's what I do. And I've also grabbed the flight home on the bank holiday Monday.

Accommodation can be a pain but I usually aim to be in Barcelona a few days earlier and leave a few days later, can get cheaper flights sometimes.

Advertisement