Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I'm all talk. I'll be in bits later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lads i do be a bag of nerves when the music hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Foggy dew = misty eyes and lump in throat

D.Q wrote: »
    Foggy dew = misty eyes and lump in throat

100% and the hairs on me arms stand up

And then the tricolor over the shoulder = something in my eye

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    Ireland v Austria- Football 5pm

Ireland v Canada - Rugby 7pm

Cans and food - 9pm-11pm

UFC - 11pm

7pm strictly come dancing
    8pm The X factor
    9pm the extra factor
    10pm im a celebrity
    11pm saturday night with miriam
    12.00 dunno, maybe watch the fights, dunno, im easy, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What's everyone doing to kill the time until the fights

Cinema and lots of coffee. Come home around midnight wired to the moon and ready to see history made.

I might crack open a beer when Conor throws his first punch but not before. Alcohol makes me sleepy and so cappuccinos only until 5:30'ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Nothing like fight day. Slept til 3PM. About to run down the butchers to pick up 4 T-Bones, than to the shops after and pick up crisps, chocolate, a bottle of whiskey, a bag of espresso and a big ol slab of cans.

Gonna have a BBQ around 12.30 just before the undercard, Irish coffees for just before the main card in case anyone is getting sleepy.

It's like Paddy's day except I enjoy myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Cinema and lots of coffee. Come home around midnight wired to the moon and ready to see history made.

I might crack open a beer when Conor throws his first punch but not before. Alcohol makes me sleepy and so cappuccinos only until 5:30'ish.

Pete's sitting room at 5am

apu-as-a-hummingbird-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Lukker- wrote: »
    A bag of espresso .

What's that?

• Advertisement

price690 wrote: »
    Conor v Khabib is a super fight.

Khabib would beat Alvarez easily.

I don't expect Mcgregor to encounter too many problems with Eddie tonight but Khabib beats Conor 99 times out of 100 unfortunately.

He never looks spectacular but is a fighter who will always nullify his opponent.

Khabib loses tonight

Lukker- wrote:
    Nothing like fight day. Slept til 3PM. About to run down the butchers to pick up 4 T-Bones, than to the shops after and pick up crisps, chocolate, a bottle of whiskey, a bag of espresso and a big ol slab of cans.

I woke at 7am so that's ominous. 21 bottles in the fridge. Pizza , Doritos and peanuts at the ready. Gonna be a great night of fights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

No drinking for me tonight so I think I'm going to make a rake of nachos and drink a whole bottle of sprite and a bag of jellies to replace the lost calories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

lovely 4 pack of moster chilling in the fridge is about it for me...no sign of nerves yet which is strange...you'd swear we were on the card the way we're going on! :D:D

This entire post is gibberish. The Guardian article had nothing to do with "generating any loathing". It was about the fact that, from the author's point of view (one you're entirely free to disagree with), McGregor isn't as entertaining in press conferences, weigh ins etc as so much of his stuff is evidently rehearsed and increasingly devoid of wit. I dunno, perhaps you think repeatedly saying "I don't give a ****" is gas craic altogether.

aw c'mon eager, it wasnt all bad was it? who talks like that, "why that whole thing is gibberish I tell you, erroneous to the point of slander" you're that lad in the HAVAD BA from good will hunting! my contention regarding military mobilisation is blah blah..

I know what the content is etc, I was merely pointing out that it's never any surprise if a UK publication pours cold water on a paddy!! contrarily I agree with the piece in it's form.. so I agree with your point but find your demenour unpalatable... Howya like dem apples!

speaking off the record, I do like buzzin off ye, I will admit that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Lads it's gonna be an epic night of fights, it's bein a pleasure reading all your posts and learning from yis, oil be signin off soon as I'm recording the whole card and sittin down with the missus tomorrow afternoon with a heap of bulmers and a stomach churnin with nerves, lookin forward to loggin in here tomorrow night come what may! Commmmme onnnn 😄

Depp wrote: »
    lovely 4 pack of moster chilling in the fridge is about it for me...no sign of nerves yet which is strange...you'd swear we were on the card the way we're going on! :D:D

Haven't drank in 2 months as part of this gym/diet program I'm on. Have 3 lovely IPAs in the fridge just waiting for me the delicious little bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Eight bottles of Hop House 13 chilling in the fridge.

Have to go back into work for a while, but will be home for the first fight.

Hopefully it is a great night of fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Is there darts on the telly tonight?

Most off topic comment on this thread?

Yep, grand slam started on sky this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I was actually worried for my heart during the last fight, joe rogan 'he tagged him!' still echoing through my mind!

What a ****in card this is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Effects wrote: »
    What's that?

I think it's like how Canadians have bags of milk

how.gareth wrote:
    Lads it's gonna be an epic night of fights, it's bein a pleasure reading all your posts and learning from yis, oil be signin off soon as I'm recording the whole card and sittin down with the missus tomorrow afternoon with a heap of bulmers and a stomach churnin with nerves, lookin forward to loggin in here tomorrow night come what may! Commmmme onnnn 😄

Good look avoiding whatsapp, viber, texts, Facebook, Twitter, radio, TV, mates, instagram, daylight etc etc

Depp wrote:
    lovely 4 pack of moster chilling in the fridge is about it for me...no sign of nerves yet which is strange...you'd swear we were on the card the way we're going on!

Is that Monster in the fridge?

Depp wrote:
    lovely 4 pack of moster chilling in the fridge is about it for me...no sign of nerves yet which is strange...you'd swear we were on the card the way we're going on!

Is that Monster in the fridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Heading to a white collar boxing thing until around 12 and then meeting the lads back at the house for boozing and all the fights. We've done this a few times now so we have the drinking and staying awake timeline down to a tee. Been buzzing for this all damn week delighted it's here.

I'll start to get nervous around the start of the main card and then been pacing up and down the room with a whiskey once the foggy dew starts playing...

Put a 15 Euro accumulator on for the craic as well...returns 600 or so if it comes in. My god is 6 land and it's down to Conor I'll be under the blanket..

Mcgregor
    Romero
    Joanna
    Frankie
    Woodley
    Tate
    Khabib

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Haven't drank in 2 months as part of this gym/diet program I'm on. Have 3 lovely IPAs in the fridge just waiting for me the delicious little bastards

I've been the same myself , in a cutting phase but couldn't loose tonight even got myself a whole rack of lamb to enjoy! It's tradition now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Effects wrote: »
    Lukker- wrote: »
    A bag of espresso .

What's that?
    Galway slang for cocaine

/S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

rusty cole wrote: »
    aw c'mon eager, it wasnt all bad was it? who talks like that, "why that whole thing is gibberish I tell you, erroneous to the point of slander" you're that lad in the HAVAD BA from good will hunting! my contention regarding military mobilisation is blah blah..

I know what the content is etc, I was merely pointing out that it's never any surprise if a UK publication pours cold water on a paddy!! contrarily I agree with the piece in it's form.. so I agree with your point but find your demenour unpalatable... Howya like dem apples!

speaking off the record, I do like buzzin off ye, I will admit that.

Yes, the Guardian, that famed anti-Paddy rag that has published umpteen articles charting his rise and success, including a fantastic interview with Donald McRae. Why try to create an angle that simply isn't there?

Enjoy your night.

Good look avoiding whatsapp, viber, texts, Facebook, Twitter, radio, TV, mates, instagram, daylight etc etc

I did this with the mendes fight, got up to take a piss and heard cries of yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh ole ole ole from the early house at 6am...

cannot be done in my estimation :D. latest would be download from the bay and watch 2 hours after with an early breakfast maybe.

• Advertisement

Yes, the Guardian, that famed anti-Paddy rag that has published umpteen articles charting his rise and success, including a fantastic interview with Donald McRae. Why try to create an angle that simply isn't there?

Enjoy your night.

well I tip me hat to your knowledge of all things anglophile realted lord mount charles, you truley are a Wikipedia wonder. you should dress down, I'll wear my finest cravat and we'll go bowling...

enjoy the fight's...ohhhh sorry PUGILISM:D... pims on the patio lads, brandy and cigars in the lounge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

Anyone know anywhere in cork city showing the fight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

rusty cole wrote: »
    well I tip me hat to your knowledge of all things anglophile realted lord mount charles, you truley are a Wikipedia wonder. you should dress down, I'll wear my finest cravat and we'll go bowling...

enjoy the fight's...ohhhh sorry PUGILISM:D... pims on the patio lads, brandy and cigars in the lounge.

Hilarious, I'm sure.

Hilarious, I'm sure.

what time is david mcwilliams and stephen fry picking you up at?

you can all disect this new UFC culture as a phenomenon. If the rte symphony orchestra runs into a 3rd concierto will you guys miss the pre-lims do you think?

It's like when you used to go on holidays when you were a kid and Mum and Dad fought and you couldn't enjoy yourself. Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

The Conor McGregor era of the UFC will go down as the most fun, exciting time in the history of the sport.

There's a great saying - "you don't know what you have until it's gone".

Been watching the sport for over a decade. Think i'll do just fine after McG has fooked off on other adventures. He can take the fairweathers and WWE fans with him.

• Advertisement

It's like when you used to go on holidays when you were a kid and Mum and Dad fought and you couldn't enjoy yourself. Lol

ya see swash, i dont even have to expalin it to you, you just get it.. you're all up in the grill where the banter is concerned.. now if we could only get Not too eagerbeaver on board, well hell....We'd all be NEGAN!;)

Hope the reference isnt wasted, surely not swash?? c'mon stick with me til strictly at least. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

bur wrote: »
    Been watching the sport for over a decade. Think i'll do just fine after McG has fooked off on other adventures. He can take the fairweathers and WWE fans with him.

Got visions of Dafyd Thomas saying "I am the only true MMA fan in the country".

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eatmore

Did Woodley sell his footage to TMZ?

How cheap is that?

da prick id say so.

sure as soon as they ask mcgregor he'll tell yer man to shut de **** up again ha ha ha. that was priceless because it was bang on in terms of it being directed at TMZ.

bur wrote:

Its definitely the most exciting era to be fair. He has broken all records. The mainstream element is a knock on effect. Pros and cons of the sport getting popular.

• Advertisement

bur wrote:

Its definitely the most exciting era to be fair. He has broken all records. The mainstream element is a knock on effect. Pros and cons of the sport getting popular.

well lads I'm off now, its been brilliant getting in amongst yiz coming up to this fight night so I hope we all get the results we want but more so if not, just a savage night of fighting cos this is one peach of a card.

enjoy lads and lasses, genuinely have a great night. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

bur wrote: »

3eDJ4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Ah I'm an ancient 40 year old with boards.ie my only social media thingy who just got half pissed watching the lads in Austria do us proud and hoping the rugby folks in the aviva do the same then it's phone powered off till the fighting is all watched tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Im working till 3.30. Luckily we're showing it in work after. Huge projector screen. Rake of 4 star pizza. Some staff drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Im working till 3.30. Luckily we're showing it in work after. Huge projector screen. Rake of 4 star pizza. Some staff drinks.

I will be disconnecting from the Internet until 12 tomorrow
    Recording this one, **** staying up tbh

I will be disconnecting from the Internet until 12 tomorrow
    Recording this one, **** staying up tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Eatmore wrote: »
    Did Woodley sell his footage to TMZ?

How cheap is that?

screen696x696.jpeg

Not quite the same

• Advertisement