Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with heating

Options
  • 11-11-2016 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

I have a hot water tank in my shed that supplies heat to the house. When the water gets cool (thermostat) it kills the power to the pump on the outlet.

I am looking to turn on my oil boiler for a fixed time when this happens. i.e. when house requires heat, if water tank is cold, it uses oil boiler for an hour instead.

How would I go about this. Latching relay, changeover relay? I would like it so that if the hot water tank gets hot again, it disables the oil boiler and turns on the outlet pump instead.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sounds like a job for a smart relay. Something programmable with a few I/O, not a huge task nor very expensive if the wiring is all in one spot.

Advertisement