Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controlled and restricted works

Options
  • 11-11-2016 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I added a post to a thread making a member aware that he may be carrying out illegal works which have this year been punished in the courts by a jail sentence. When asked to clarify this by another member my post was removed. On a search of the board the last member that made people aware of this was barred from the electrical forum. Something doesn't seem right here. Can we make people aware of what they could possibly unwittingly be getting themselves into, ? Or is that no permitted on this forum ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭irishfire

That guy appeared in similar fashion to you, from nowhere, and spammed the most recent week or 2 of posts with similar messages about the rules on restricted works. He derailed a lot of threads even though it had been discussed numerous times previously and I think even has its own sticky.

Any time such work is mentioned here the OP is always informed by one of the mods or regular posters that they are dealing with restricted works and should contact a REC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Mrplod wrote:
    On a search of the board the last member that made people aware of this was barred from the electrical forum.

I hope you didn't have to search too hard.

Who was that other member?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mrplod

Hi Irishfire, thank you for your reply. I do resent the statement that I spammed threads.
    I posted in 5 or 6 threads giving replays and advice where I could. I only posted the advice on controlled works in the thread where the OP seemed to be unaware of this legal requirement. I have vast knowledge of the electrical sector and came here to help.
    If I am going to be met with resistance like this I will happy leave you to it.

Stoner wrote: »
    Mrplod wrote:

Who was that other member?

I didn't copy the name. Just did a search in electrical and it came up. Will search again for it

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭irishfire

Mrplod wrote:
    Hi Irishfire, thank you for your reply. I do resent the statement that I spammed threads. I posted in 5 or 6 threads giving replays and advice where I could. I only posted the advice on controlled works in the thread where the OP seemed to be unaware of this legal requirement. I have vast knowledge of the electrical sector and came here to help. If I am going to be met with resistance like this I will happy leave you to it.

I will take a second to qualify that by saying that out of 8 posts you have only mentioned the restricted works regulations despite your vast knowledge.

I have no reason to doubt your knowledge, and am in no position to speak myself considering the small and infrequent contribution I make. However the entire electrical forum really had become a battle ground over the issue of restricted works and I would hope that such a situation would not arise again considering it had been so well discussed at this stage.

• Advertisement

MrPlod

Please do. I'm unaware that someone is banned from the electrical forum for the given reason. I'd like to clear that up.

I'd appreciate it if you posted the banned users name here so that I can try to address the situation.
    Otherwise we can do nothing about it. I'm sure you can access your internet history and or recreate your research criteria?

Hi Stoner

It was Risteard81 see thread
    Totally unjust ban

Hi Stoner,
    I would also appreciate it if you could look into my post that was removed.
    Thank you.

Mrplod wrote:
    Hi Stoner, I would also appreciate it if you could look into my post that was removed. Thank you.

You need to take that you with the mod that removed it I'm afraid, this forum is not the place to discuss moderation

Mrplod wrote:
    It was Risteard81 see thread Totally unjust ban

Ah Risteard81, you must be mistaken, he's not banned from the forum. In fact he recently requested to be added to the "need a contractor" thread and I obliged.

I'm not sure how aligned you and Risteard81 are to be honest. He/she is posting away here.

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    Ah Risteard81, you must be mistaken, he's not banned from the forum. In fact he recently requested to be added to the "need a contractor" thread and I obliged.

I'm not sure how aligned you and Risteard81 are to be honest. He/she is posting away here.

Hi Stoner,
    I'm new to the forum and came across it through a google search for something entirely different . I thought I might be able to give help in this area and therefore joined. Thank you for your time. I will have no further imput here.

Glad I cleared that up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement