Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus Changes (7/a/b/d, 8, 111, 59)

• 11-11-2016 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen this discussed elsewhere

It's been a major frustration of mine for years that the bus stops near the cherrywood and brides Glen Luas stops are ridiculously far away AND that when coming up to Brides Glen the 84 instead of dropping you on the Bus stop on the left near Ben Dunne Gym which is closest, the bus goes up...around the roundabout and back over to the far right side dumping you way on the other side of the street where you've to cross back over a busy road

I never understood why, even with the B2 Bray Luas extension in mind, they didn't have a bus terminus there (since busses and just drive over newly extended tracks) and thus you've to walk up a pain in the ass hill

So credit to them for this.

I've a few questions in case anyone knows:

1. Are there plans to put RTPI at the new terminus? Or will people get off the Luas and wait around like jagoffs with no idea when it's coming? (Not everyone has it on their smartphones)

2. Were coming into winter and there's no shelter at the Luas stop, will there be bus shelters?

3. Are there any plans to put an RTPI monitor at the 3134 stop on Wyatville Road? This is one of the busiest stops in the area and the only 145 connection for people coming from the Luas traveling south
    It's also always seemed absurd to be that the far less frequently used 84 stops in Cherrywood both have shelters but the way busier 3134 stop which is also a major Aircoach and Wexford Bus stop has none!

4. What happened to the idea of extending the 59 route through Shankill and combined with 45a having a more frequent bus service to Dun Laoghaire?

Straightening out the 7 route should cut down journey time

Just a note to DB: On the 63 don't call it the Glenamuck Luas Stop a lot of people won't know what that is (its called that on the website and info booklets about the changes) call it the Carrickmines stop

Comments

Advertisement