Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonard Cohen - R.I.P

Options
  • 11-11-2016 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Another music legend gone in 2016. This is tragic. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I am a huge fan and have been for nearly 20 years after I discovered my father's LPs while studying for exams. Saw him twice in Kilmainham ('08 and '12).

Read a very good biography earlier this year- far more wild in the 70s than I had thought. Great story with himself and Iggy Pop and a lonely hearts column.

He was in Cuba 1959 the day of the Revolution- he literally ran on to the last plane out of Havana while in custody.

TBH- 'tragic' is a little OTT. You want tragic...look at Syria. He was 82 and his health was failing. He had a good life and I only wish I was able to achieve a fraction of what he did.

So Long Leonard. Thanks for the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,913 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Advertisement