Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thoughts on this footage

Options
  • 11-11-2016 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

Took this the week before last. Only two people in the place and we were right below the camera. Nowhere near the area where theres movement. Look to the lit window on the left. What youre looking at is the internal window of Peter Marks. There's no access to outside or no outside windows etc from there

Captured lights and a few other bits too - they're on this playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz2pp6RCxDedYwQ11NSmMlaNR8crrB4ni

I have also attached a photo to give you an idea of the positioning. I superimposed a photo I took last night over a screenshot of the video footage. Christmas decorations have been put up since then but it'll give an idea of roughly where things are

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

A shadow against a shadow in the dark.. Maybe a rat?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

It's hard to see but looks like it "jumps" the gap between the shadows in the back. I don't know what they are or if indeed they are shadows or parts of the café railings, so yeh a rat or a mouse seems feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

MarkR wrote: »
    A shadow against a shadow in the dark.. Maybe a rat?

its head height. where you see the shadow seems to be on the ground floor. the cafe is raised higher than the ground floor.

screamer wrote: »
    It's hard to see but looks like it "jumps" the gap between the shadows in the back. I don't know what they are or if indeed they are shadows or parts of the café railings, so yeh a rat or a mouse seems feasible.

mice are tiny. from that distance it would have to be a cat tbh. I cant say it was a rat - have a look at the picture attachment and you can see the distance from the camera that area is. there was no cat though in the centre

i also got a bit of audio just immediately before the shadow - its on the first video but you prob wouldnt be able to make it out. I have to cut the audio out and post it separately sometime

• Advertisement

there are also these two pieces of footage of light. the first is reflecting off the small white table you can see in the pic attachment in the OP. There was no-one in the place at that time. the direction the light seems to come from faces a wall.

I thought this second one was carlight until I noticed it was reflecting off the window of the the hairdressers (the lit window bit). Ive two photos from that spot at the hairdressers and theres absolutely no line of sight to the outside world. Therefore a car headlight couldnt have been shining on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

The first video, it's very hard to gather a proper perspective of the video as it's so dark. You say the shadow is over at the window to the left, what's to say that the object/thing blocking the gap isn't much closer to the camera, it realistically could be anywhere between the camera and the location you think it was so a small mouse or rat could easily cover a large area from that perspective, just a suggestion.

I have no argument there. We could beat around all day about if its a rat or a mouse. Rodents running around a working cafe wouldn't be a new thing but I really doubt it. As mentioned already, look at the attached photo to give you an idea of distance etc. if you have a look at that you'll see that there's a lack of objects at that height for a rat or mouse to run upon. I was there at the time obviously, so Ive a fair idea of what the place looks like

sussed out the lights. Car lights reflect off the inside roof and end up anywhere within the place, so at least thats those explained

Advertisement