Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much VRT for an imported Renault Twizy

• 11-11-2016 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just imported a Renault Twizy. How much VRT is due on it?

When i go to the calculate VRT website on Ros.ie - it's not even listed under the Renault Model drop down list!

I have an appointment with the NCTS centre on Monday (14th) to assess the VRT, but would like to know how much before hand..

Cheers,

Micka

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Zero, the overall value is way too low to incur a VRT charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭micka

Cheers,

The cost thus far for purchase and delivery comes to €4,050. There's a €30 euro a month rental fee for the battery that will kick in soon i suppose.

It's a 2012 vehicle with 9k miles and has doors and windows.

Micka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

The problem with bringing a twizy into Ireland has always been getting insurance. I was looking at one as a fourth EV for use around town.

In the UK insurance on twizys is €200/year at worst. I haven't seen an Irish quote below €1000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭josip

cros13 wrote: »
    The problem with bringing a twizy into Ireland has always been getting insurance. I was looking at one as a fourth EV for use around town.

In the UK insurance on twizys is €200/year at worst. I haven't seen an Irish quote below €1000.

Same here.
    Micka, who's insuring you and if you don't mind me asking how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Also wondering about insurance. Which company, how much? Insured as a private individual for Social, Domestic etc? Not as part of a business for promo use or anything?

• Advertisement
Advertisement