Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Seagreen, Greystones

Options
  • 11-11-2016 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there, 

I am looking for more information on when broadband will be available in the Seagreen Estate in Greystones, Co Wicklow.

Apparently lots of folks who have moved in up there are still without broadband. 

We are moving soon and I work from home so I need a connection very quickly. 

Many thanks, 

V

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

vivalalala wrote: »
    Hi there, 

I am looking for more information on when broadband will be available in the Seagreen Estate in Greystones, Co Wicklow.

Apparently lots of folks who have moved in up there are still without broadband. 

Many thanks, 

V
    Hi vivalalala,

Thanks for getting in touch. You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 13 vivalalala

Hi Stacey

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. 

Thats not quite the question I was asking. 

There seems to be a delay in connecting people in this particular estate. The developers of the estate are saying that it's Eir's issue and I think Eir are pushing it back on the developers. I don't have the finer details but obviously everyone living there is suffering as a result. 

Can you let me know if anyone up there is connected? it's quite a large issue. 

Many thanks, 

V

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

Hi Stacey

There seems to be a delay in connecting people in this particular estate. The developers of the estate are saying that it's Eir's issue and I think Eir are pushing it back on the developers. I don't have the finer details but obviously everyone living there is suffering as a result. 

Many thanks, 

V
    That doesn't really answer the OP's question. They are looking for when it will be available. I am also interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi Stacey

Many thanks, 

V
    Apologies, I have looked into this & I’m afraid I haven’t been provided with a forecast date for this to activate in this area. We would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary however I can assure you that there is an on-going plan to upgrade a number of exchanges that has been running for several years now unfortunately at present there are no details available to suggest when the upgrades will be done. I'm sorry I can't offer you a time frame on this and that we are unable to give you better news. I would suggest to keep an eye online here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/  registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified. Apologies again I can’t offer further information on this. - Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kh2017

Is there any new updates on this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi there, 

Many thanks, 

V
    Hi vivalalala,

Thank you for getting in touch with us today. 

I have checked this for you and I can see there are active cabinets in your area. I would need the line details of the home you are moving into so I can have a further look into this for you. Have you tried inputting your address details into this link here

Thanks,
    Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 2 conanmartin

Hi there, 

Many thanks, 

V
    Hi vivalalala,

I have checked this for you and I can see there are active cabinets in your area. I would need the line details of the home you are moving into so I can have a further look into this for you. Have you tried inputting your address details into this link here? 

Thanks,
    Pamela
    Hi Pamela,

You really need to fix the page you've linked. The address checker is broken (it returns nothing) and the map centres over Holland when I select Wicklow. The "Build your bundle" pop up also blocks to ability to zoom out from the map.

I have a similar question for a new estate near the original poster's address. I've just moved into Thorndale, Delgany. Like him/her the develops say it's Eir, Eir say it's the developers etc... Can you say when it'll be available? Without signing up for €25/month line rental?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi there, 

Many thanks, 

V
    Hi vivalalala,

I have checked this for you and I can see there are active cabinets in your area. I would need the line details of the home you are moving into so I can have a further look into this for you. Have you tried inputting your address details into this link here? 

Thanks,
    Pamela
    Hi Pamela,

You really need to fix the page you've linked. The address checker is broken (it returns nothing) and the map centres over Holland when I select Wicklow. The "Build your bundle" pop up also blocks to ability to zoom out from the map.

I have a similar question for a new estate near the original poster's address. I've just moved into Thorndale, Delgany. Like him/her the develops say it's Eir, Eir say it's the developers etc... Can you say when it'll be available? Without signing up for €25/month line rental?

Thanks
    Hi Conan, 

Thanks for getting in touch and also thank you for your feedback I will pass this information on to our online team.

I would be unable to advised on this with just the address but if you could PM me your eircode I can check this for you.

Thanks, 
    Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Erasmusgreen

Is eircom the only provider in the development?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 conanmartin

There's not cable put down in the estate at all so no phone line/internet. If I'm not mistaken Eir are liable to put such cables down in rural developments.

Once that's done we can go with any provider.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi Erasmusgreen, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Unfortunately, I would be unable to advise if any other providers are in this development.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kh2017

Does anyone know if broadband or sky is available in seagreen yet? TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

kh2017 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if broadband or sky is available in seagreen yet? TIA
    Hi there, 

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you PM me your eircode please? 

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

Hi there,

we are having the same issue in the new wicklow hills development in newtownmountkennedy, 7 months in now and still absolutely no help or information from eir, well actually one agents said it wouldnt be cost effective until more people move in so i should wait.

as its a FTTH i am stuck waiting on eir and they know this so they honestly couldnt be bothered. The know they have people regardless of how they treat them and set extortionate prices accordingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

recyclops wrote: »
    Hi there,

we are having the same issue in the new wicklow hills development in newtownmountkennedy, 7 months in now and still absolutely no help or information from eir, well actually one agents said it wouldnt be cost effective until more people move in so i should wait.

as its a FTTH i am stuck waiting on eir and they know this so they honestly couldnt be bothered. The know they have people regardless of how they treat them and set extortionate prices accordingly
    Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. I have responded to your PM about this.

- Adam

Advertisement