Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Mobile and Banking 365 texts

Options
  • 11-11-2016 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

I'm not receiving security code texts that used to work perfectly and it seems to be related to my move to Virgin Mobile.

Here is a thread from June where someone raised the issue: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057604854

Has there been any progress on this?

This is what Virgin Mobile have to say on the matter: http://support.virginmedia.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/1682

You're two big companies operating in Ireland so you need to make contact and sort this out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Seifer, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty with receiving security codes to your mobile. We would suggest that you contact your mobile provider to query this further as from the link provided, it appears the company will need to start the investigation from their side. 

Should you wish to confirm that your activation codes are being sent from Bank of Ireland, just submit this request via the Service Desk 'Ask a Question' option and one of reps will be happy to provide this information for you. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Hi Elaine,

No, it didn't help because you didn't do anything.

What did you do with the feedback that was given to you by user brian_foley from the thread I linked in June?

I rang your 365 call centre and got told the code over the phone so I have added the payee but I don't want to have to do that every time in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Seifer, 

Thank you for coming back with us. 

The previous information was sent to our IT Support team, however; there are no known difficulties from Bank of Ireland with sending activation codes to Virgin Mobile phones.

Due to this, it would be best to contact the company directly to query this further. 

I am sorry that we are unable to resolve this for you here.

Elaine 

Advertisement