Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance renewal

• 11-11-2016 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭

maybe a bit of advice. Laya policy due renewal on 1st december. When I visit the Laya site it shows the same policy with a 5% discount for online purchases. No brainer at first glance, however when you follow the links and come to the final bank details page there is no discount. However if you change the date of renewal to 30/11 from 01/12 the discount is applied, BUT the policy now changes to an 11 month policy, and of course you are only charged for 11 months so the policy APPEARS to be €220 cheaper but in reality is only €100 cheaper because of the shortened year. Any advice? should I run with the 11 month policy €133 a month or go with the 12 month policy €141 a month?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,590 ✭✭✭✭ted1

joeysoap wrote: »
    maybe a bit of advice. Laya policy due renewal on 1st december. When I visit the Laya site it shows the same policy with a 5% discount for online purchases. No brainer at first glance, however when you follow the links and come to the final bank details page there is no discount. However if you change the date of renewal to 30/11 from 01/12 the discount is applied, BUT the policy now changes to an 11 month policy, and of course you are only charged for 11 months so the policy APPEARS to be €220 cheaper but in reality is only €100 cheaper because of the shortened year. Any advice? should I run with the 11 month policy €133 a month or go with the 12 month policy €141 a month?

Call cornmarket , I find them great for getting the best deals on health insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions. Please read the local charter before posting. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I did hear something on the news today that the Govt levy is going up by 10% and the expectation is costs will be passed on.

Here ya go ..

Irish health insurance policies are facing another hike following plans by the Government to increase the levy by a further 10 per cent.
    The move will prove expensive to consumers following rises in the cost of premiums already imposed over the last 12 months.

The Department of Health is understood to have contacted insurers to advise them of the increase from next April but they would not confirm this early on Friday.

Don't have health insurance myself. Couldn't afford it as it was, and certainly not with the age loadings they put on it last year,/year before? and now this latest hike.

Advertisement