Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Irish Computer is Suddenly in the Netherlands

Options
  • 11-11-2016 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is malware or not.

Yesterday - I was logging onto Paypal and everything appeared in Dutch - I was directed to Paypal NL.

Same with forms - was filling in a help form for iStores and it was convinced I was in the Netherlands.

Every time I log onto Dropbox it sends me an email alerting me to the fact that someone tried to login in from the Netherlands...

There are no changes in Region or Language areas in Control Panel - have refreshed my browsers and removed all add-ons to no avail.

Any ideas? :confused:

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Halfbaker

Are you with Virgin Media as your ISP? They probably reallocated a bunch of ip addresses that were registered in the Netherlands.

Have a look here: http://mxtoolbox.com/whatismyip/
    Click on the geolocation button.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭WildSaffron

Thanks Halfbaker - am actually with Post Mobile and I called Customer Support and they said it's nothing to do with them.

Checked that MXToolbox - handy little tool! and this is what it says:

[IMG][/img]2ijrmzs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭WildSaffron

Any suggestions? Tried Googling this but getting nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

It's probably sorted now but when I checked your IP a few days ago although the country was showing as IE the address was registered to a Dutch company who subsequently sold/allocated it to Post Mobile. It can take a few days before all the geo-location databases are updated.

Advertisement