Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two 5.1 questions - help!

• 11-11-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Hopefully you can yea me with at least one of these problems.

1/ The first is simple enough. The plastic thing that connects one of my rear 5.1 speakers to its stand has broken. The brand is Monoprice and I think they were bought from Amazon. I've attached a photo below. Can I just buy a generic plastic connection? Where would I get it? Or do I need to buy a new stand?

Pic:
    fn709z.jpg

2/ We have just got a new Samsung 6 Series smart TV. The Sky box, PS4, Media box etc are all hooked up to a Yamaha amp/surround sound system, which is then connected to the TV. Everything plays fine through the 5.1 speakers. However, when we want to play YouTube/Netflix directly from the TV the 5.1 speakers aren't working and we have to use the TV speakers. Would an optical wire between the TV and surround sound solve this? If not, any other ideas?

Thanks very much!

Advertisement