Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad mini / Epson scanner connecting problem.

Options
  • 11-11-2016 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to scan a batch of old photographs onto an iPad mini.
    This work fine if I connect the scanner to my pc, but I can't get the iPad mini / scanner combo to work. I meed the thing to be mobile.
    I bought a USB male to male coupler to connect the two but it will not work.
    I Can't do it wirelessly as the scanner hasn't got it.
    The scanner is an Epson v370.
    Any ideas / suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Jay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Could you just take a picture of them instead. Group them in to one album in photos app and have them stored there.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi Luckysasha,

I suppose I could, but I did not foresee the problem with the the combo.
    I also assumed the scanned photo would be better quality, as it's direct.

Thanks

Jay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Or even scan them to the PC and then transfer them to iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I find apple a pain in the ar.se when it comes to things like this. One little link in the chain so to speak that apple products don't like then it doesn't work. I recently had an issue with my iPad where I wanted to view an sd card on the iPad. So I bought an apple lightning to sd card reader and plugged it in and nothing, just a blank page. So after trying numerous things including a call to the Apple helpline I finally gave up with the apple sd card reader and bought a spurious one off Amazon and hey presto everything worked

Hi,

" scan them to the PC and then transfer them to iPad "
    Photos and PC are not together.
    Cannot bring PC to them or vis a versa.

" bought a spurious one off Amazon "
    I got mine from Maplin. !!

No help from Apple shop in Cork " No, we don't think you can do anything like that "

Thanks,

Jay

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Where did you move it to ??

Thanks
    Jay

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Where did you move it to ??

Thanks
    Jay

This forum: Apple mobile devices.

Afaik you can't connect a scanner to an iPad. It would have to be a Wifi printer-scanner that supports iOS. If this is a mobile scanner, check if it supports iOS devices. If it does the manufacturer would have an app on the App Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

You might be better off using the iPad's camera and an app like Scanner Pro.

Advertisement