If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha Yas105 Soundbar Query

Options
  • 11-11-2016 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for an alternative to my existing Samsung soundbar which I've never been happy with in terms of sound quality.  I would also like to remove the need for a separate subwoofer. So while looking through your site i came across this Yamaha soundbar. (Yamaha yas105)

Would you guys recommend this as an option for someone looking for a one speaker setup? What is the sound quality like for watching movies and just normal TV. Does it come with the wall mount included in the package? And lastly, whats the best price you could do for this?

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi Hendrickp,

This forum is for discussing things with Richersounds - asking for details, options or advice. Other Boardies are actively discouraged from offering their opinion ( save in rare circumstances where some factual technical matter is at issue ) because it is inappropriate where someone is asking the question of Richersounds in a commercial forum.

If responses to query threads on this forum resulted in conflicting opinions amongst Boardies, or resulted in argumentation, this forum would cease to function usefully for Richersounds and for the many Boards users who have benefited from deals and service from RS since this forum was established.

If you're looking for other opinions from users about the item in question, you could try in the Home Entertainment forums on Boards or in one of the AV forums on the web.

All,

As usual, Please leave this query to Richersounds to answer, see above and the Charter if necessary.

Thanks,

Ritz

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Hi Ritz,

Apologies. I wasn't aware that would be a problem.

I'll try edit out that request from my post.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi Hendrickp,

Thanks, Don't worry, no problem at all :-)

Cheers,

Ritz

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hendrickp wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for an alternative to my existing Samsung soundbar which I've never been happy with in terms of sound quality.  I would also like to remove the need for a separate subwoofer. So while looking through your site i came across this Yamaha soundbar. (Yamaha yas105)

Would you guys recommend this as an option for someone looking for a one speaker setup? What is the sound quality like for watching movies and just normal TV. Does it come with the wall mount included in the package? And lastly, whats the best price you could do for this?

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp.

The Yas105 is a good little soundbar and would def boost the sound quality from your television.

Which Samsung soundbar do you currently have so I can give a better comparison between them.
    The Yamaha runs on via an optical cable and has no HDMI connections.

Are you just running optical from you TV or do you have each source connected direct to you current soundbar?

The best price would be the one listed on our website at the minute. Priced up at £179.00 with £6.99 shipping.

Hi,

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp.

The Yas105 is a good little soundbar and would def boost the sound quality from your television.

Which Samsung soundbar do you currently have so I can give a better comparison between them.

Are you just running optical from you TV or do you have each source connected direct to you current soundbar?

The best price would be the one listed on our website at the minute. Priced up at £179.00 with £6.99 shipping.
    Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have this version below. Its connected by hdmi to my current tv but that doesnt overly concern me in terms of a new soundbar

http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/tv-audio-video/audio-video/smart-soundbars/HW-F450/XU

The sound from the bar itself is very tinny and then the bass can completely over power it. Im looking for something a bit more balanced and if possible, all in one bar on its own.

I've also seen this Yamaha bar on your site. Is there much difference between the 2 Yamaha's??

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202281-ats1050.aspx

regards

• Advertisement

Hi,

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have this version below. Its connected by hdmi to my current tv but that doesnt overly concern me in terms of a new soundbar

http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/tv-audio-video/audio-video/smart-soundbars/HW-F450/XU

The sound from the bar itself is very tinny and then the bass can completely over power it. Im looking for something a bit more balanced and if possible, all in one bar on its own.

I've also seen this Yamaha bar on your site. Is there much difference between the 2 Yamaha's??

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202281-ats1050.aspx

regards
    Hey Hendrickp.

On paper there is no difference between the two soundbars.
    The ATS1050 is a slightly newer version but both have the same power out put and all the same connection and features.

I don't suppose there is any chance of you calling to the store for a demo of some soundbars as sometimes it is tough to make sure you get the right product.

There may be very little difference between the Samsung you have the Yamaha listed above as both in the same price bracket.

If you wanted a massive upgrade with a noticeable difference I would go for the Q acoustics M4 priced at £329.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200641-m-4.aspx

We also have a cracking deal on the Monitor Audio ASB2 priced at £299.00 (Total monster)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12454-asb2.aspx

Hi Kenny,

Unfortunately i cant get to the store but i know the yas105 is in a couple of stores in Dublin which i can go and see for myself to be sure. I'll check it out to be sure and i'll get back to you. Also the other 2 are a bit out of my range in terms of costs.

Thanks a lot for your help with this. I'll be in touch.

Regards

Hi Kenny,

Unfortunately i cant get to the store but i know the yas105 is in a couple of stores in Dublin which i can go and see for myself to be sure. I'll check it out to be sure and i'll get back to you. Also the other 2 are a bit out of my range in terms of costs.

Thanks a lot for your help with this. I'll be in touch.

Regards
    Hey Hendrickp.

The Yamaha's do sound well and both give a good balance between base and treble making the vocals/speech clearer rather than sounding tinny.

If possible go and get a listen to it just to be sure that it is an improvement over what you currently have.

Let me know what you think.

Hi Guys,

Another quick couple of questions relating to this soundbar above. The first is does this come with a wall bracket included? I keep seeing "wall mounting template" but I cant see any mention of an actual bracket.

Secondly, do you think these might pop up on a deal for black Friday or do you expect to have any in the near future included in your open box sales?

Regards

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys,

Another quick couple of questions relating to this soundbar above. The first is does this come with a wall bracket included? I keep seeing "wall mounting template" but I cant see any mention of an actual bracket.

Secondly, do you think these might pop up on a deal for black Friday or do you expect to have any in the near future included in your open box sales?

Regards
    Hendrickp,

thanks for the post - our Black Friday deals have already started to go live - at the moment I think we are the best price around online at £169 / €214.99 ( the euro price includes shipping)  and we have stock ready to ship:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201521-yas105.aspx

If you do decide to purchase it and it drops in price ( which I don't think it will) I'm happy to honour a 5 day pricematch.

Keep us posted :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Regards
    Hendrickp,

thanks for the post - our Black Friday deals have already started to go live - at the moment I think we are the best price around online at £169 / €214.99 ( the euro price includes shipping)  and we have stock ready to ship:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201521-yas105.aspx

If you do decide to purchase it and it drops in price ( which I don't think it will) I'm happy to honour a 5 day pricematch.

Keep us posted :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for that John. Do you have any feedback on the mounting bracket query??

ooops - sorry I forgot about that :o

Its brilliant in its simplicity - it comes with a simple card template which shows you where to screw 2 screws into the wall and the YAS105 has keyhole type slots so you literally just pop it on the wall that way and it sits really flush - you can check out the instructions here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/static/manuals/yas105.pdf

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

ooops - sorry I forgot about that :o

Its brilliant in its simplicity - it comes with a simple card template which shows you where to screw 2 screws into the wall and the YAS105 has keyhole type slots so you literally just pop it on the wall that way and it sits really flush - you can check out the instructions here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/static/manuals/yas105.pdf

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc
    That's great John, thanks for that link.

One last question (I promise). On your website you have 2 Yamaha's, the YAS-105 and the ATS1050. According to the specs on your comparison feature, they are absolutely identical. Is this the case?  I ask this because on your site right now the ATS model is going for €199 and I just want to make sure there's not an EU plug with it or anything silly like that.

Thanks

Just bumping this up to get confirmation on that last question above.

Thanks

Thanks
    Apologies for the delay..:o

We don't ever sell any non UK / Irl kit ( intentionally anyway!) and all our product should come with standard 3 pin plugs...

The ATS and YAS are the same specification - from memory the grill material is slightly different on the ATS they are the same £ price but you can snaffle the ATS at €199 here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202281-ats1050.aspx?swapstore=1

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks
    Apologies for the delay..:o

We don't ever sell any non UK / Irl kit ( intentionally anyway!) and all our product should come with standard 3 pin plugs...

The ATS and YAS are the same specification - from memory the grill material is slightly different on the ATS they are the same £ price but you can snaffle the ATS at €199 here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202281-ats1050.aspx?swapstore=1

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks very much for the update John.  I think I might be making this purchase over the next few days or so.

Hi John,

I have found another Yamaha soundbar on your site, The Yamaha YAS-306 for €309. My question is, is this soundbar really worth €100 more than the YAS-105?  I've checked the specs and there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between them. Is the sound quality that much more superior?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Hi John,

I have found another Yamaha soundbar on your site, The Yamaha YAS-306 for €309. My question is, is this soundbar really worth €100 more than the YAS-105?  I've checked the specs and there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between them. Is the sound quality that much more superior?

Regards
    Also interested in YAS-306 v YAS-105 difference John...

Thanks guys for the posts and your patience! we are starting to catch up!

The YAS105 is a really decent bar, but the YAS306 is TBH in a different league - for starters it sounds far better and actually makes a decent stab at giving you a surround effect - it has really quite good twin Sub bass drivers and it does a decent job of going low without a separate sub ( still not as low as a Q Acoustics M4 tho!)

But on top of the audio quality the YAS306 is a super smart unit - its far slimmer than th eYAS105 so it looks sexier, but its network ready with wifi so it can be part of the Yamaha  Music Cast system which means that you can use it as a component in a multi-room system - you can also access internet radio and there is an excellent Yamaha smart control app for the YAS306 - its also Apple Airplay and DLNA so you can stream music from your PC or NAS drive - its a clever boy!

In pricing terms its a bit mor expensive than the YAS105 but we can do it at £259 / €299 ( Its probably better value in YoYo at the moment.

Lots of both in stock - just keep us posted if we can assist and thanks for the posts and your patience :)

ATVB Guys,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

PM sent John - Thanks for reply btw.

• Advertisement

The YAS105 is a really decent bar, but the YAS306 is TBH in a different league - for starters it sounds far better and actually makes a decent stab at giving you a surround effect - it has really quite good twin Sub bass drivers and it does a decent job of going low without a separate sub ( still not as low as a Q Acoustics M4 tho!)

But on top of the audio quality the YAS306 is a super smart unit - its far slimmer than th eYAS105 so it looks sexier, but its network ready with wifi so it can be part of the Yamaha  Music Cast system which means that you can use it as a component in a multi-room system - you can also access internet radio and there is an excellent Yamaha smart control app for the YAS306 - its also Apple Airplay and DLNA so you can stream music from your PC or NAS drive - its a clever boy!

In pricing terms its a bit mor expensive than the YAS105 but we can do it at £259 / €299 ( Its probably better value in YoYo at the moment.

Lots of both in stock - just keep us posted if we can assist and thanks for the posts and your patience :)

ATVB Guys,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Thanks very much for that detailed comparison. I really appreciate it.

I'll send you through a PM for ordering.

Many Thanks

ATVB Guys,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Many Thanks
    Hey Hendrickp.

Just a little post to check if you got sort yet as it has been crazy here at the store lately.

ATVB Guys,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Many Thanks
    Hey Hendrickp.

Just a little post to check if you got sort yet as it has been crazy here at the store lately.
    Hi Kenny,

I sent a PM yesterday to John (I think), but I haven't heard anything back as yet.  

ATVB Guys,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Many Thanks
    Hey Hendrickp.

Hi Kenny,

I sent a PM yesterday to John (I think), but I haven't heard anything back as yet.  
    Hey Hendrickp.

John is totally flat out and in and out of the office.

If you forward me the PM I might be able to help.

ATVB Guys,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Many Thanks
    Hey Hendrickp.

Hi Kenny,

Hey Hendrickp.

Hi Kenny,

Just sent you the PM there a minute ago.

ATVB Guys,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Many Thanks
    Hey Hendrickp.

Hi Kenny,

Hey Hendrickp.

Hi Kenny,

Just sent you the PM there a minute ago.
    Got that, we'll be in touch asap.

Hi,

Just want to say a big thanks to you guys in Richer Sounds for all the advice. I got my soundbar delivered a couple of days ago. I haven't opened it yet as its actually an xmas pressie for me from the wife but when I do I'll drop back in to give some feedback about the unit itself.

Many thanks again guys

HendrickP,

thanks a million for the post and the kind words - much appreciated!

Apologies for the delay getting back to thank you and don't forget to look surprised as you unwrap your pressie :)

Thanks again for the biz - its really appreciated,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi,

I have a quick query relating to the Yamaha YAS-306 soundbar that I bought from yourselves. I have it connected up to my TV (which states it has Dolby Digital Plus included) using the supplied optical cable but when I select the "Surround" option I don't feel like I'm getting the full effect. My TV is a Panasonic TX-DX700B and I'm using a SKY+HD box and a Samsung Blu ray player.
    I have the Yamaha connected directly into the TV using the supplied optical cable and the 2 devices connected to the TV by HDMI.

Would you recommend that I connect the soundbar directly into the Sky box and Blu ray player instead of the TV by using the optical and coaxial connections, and also, do you recommend using the supplied optical cable as it feels very flimsy?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Regards

• Advertisement

Hi,

I have a quick query relating to the Yamaha YAS-306 soundbar that I bought from yourselves. I have it connected up to my TV (which states it has Dolby Digital Plus included) using the supplied optical cable but when I select the "Surround" option I don't feel like I'm getting the full effect. My TV is a Panasonic TX-DX700B and I'm using a SKY+HD box and a Samsung Blu ray player.
    I have the Yamaha connected directly into the TV using the supplied optical cable and the 2 devices connected to the TV by HDMI.

Would you recommend that I connect the soundbar directly into the Sky box and Blu ray player instead of the TV by using the optical and coaxial connections, and also, do you recommend using the supplied optical cable as it feels very flimsy?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp

The issue with running the surround option from a TV is if the programme is outputting in stereo it will not give you as good a surround effect as it would if it were mixed in surround. You are best having the sky box connected directly however this is a more awkward scenario as you have to change inputs if you add more components. I would also recommend upgrading the cable as the ones provided generally aren't the best and you would notic a difference with a good cable.

I hope this has been helpful.

Many thanks

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.