If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha Yas105 Soundbar Query

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Hendrickp wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a quick query relating to the Yamaha YAS-306 soundbar that I bought from yourselves. I have it connected up to my TV (which states it has Dolby Digital Plus included) using the supplied optical cable but when I select the "Surround" option I don't feel like I'm getting the full effect. My TV is a Panasonic TX-DX700B and I'm using a SKY+HD box and a Samsung Blu ray player.
    I have the Yamaha connected directly into the TV using the supplied optical cable and the 2 devices connected to the TV by HDMI.

Would you recommend that I connect the soundbar directly into the Sky box and Blu ray player instead of the TV by using the optical and coaxial connections, and also, do you recommend using the supplied optical cable as it feels very flimsy?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp

The issue with running the surround option from a TV is if the programme is outputting in stereo it will not give you as good a surround effect as it would if it were mixed in surround. You are best having the sky box connected directly however this is a more awkward scenario as you have to change inputs if you add more components. I would also recommend upgrading the cable as the ones provided generally aren't the best and you would notic a difference with a good cable.

I hope this has been helpful.

Many thanks

David
    Hi David,

Thanks very much for the feedback. I connected the sky box directly last night with a better quality cable and there is a big difference in sound quality.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

I have a quick query relating to the Yamaha YAS-306 soundbar that I bought from yourselves. I have it connected up to my TV (which states it has Dolby Digital Plus included) using the supplied optical cable but when I select the "Surround" option I don't feel like I'm getting the full effect. My TV is a Panasonic TX-DX700B and I'm using a SKY+HD box and a Samsung Blu ray player.
    I have the Yamaha connected directly into the TV using the supplied optical cable and the 2 devices connected to the TV by HDMI.

Would you recommend that I connect the soundbar directly into the Sky box and Blu ray player instead of the TV by using the optical and coaxial connections, and also, do you recommend using the supplied optical cable as it feels very flimsy?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Regards
    Hi Hendrickp

The issue with running the surround option from a TV is if the programme is outputting in stereo it will not give you as good a surround effect as it would if it were mixed in surround. You are best having the sky box connected directly however this is a more awkward scenario as you have to change inputs if you add more components. I would also recommend upgrading the cable as the ones provided generally aren't the best and you would notic a difference with a good cable.

I hope this has been helpful.

Many thanks

David
    Hi David,

Thanks very much for the feedback. I connected the sky box directly last night with a better quality cable and there is a big difference in sound quality.
    Excellent news :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.