Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to get a homeline installed... a series of unfortunate events

Options
  • 11-11-2016 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I last week, asking a quick question - however, I'm still having issues with trying to get an eircom line installed as follows:

1.  Last week I was told you don't take VISA.  I double checked here and discovered you did.  It took a good 5 minutes to persuade the guy to try and VISA, and low and behold it worked.

2.  At present I am only being billed for a landline (Although I have ordered Broadband also - I was told this would be added 48 hours after receiving a landline).

3.  I was scheduled for an afternoon appointment today.  This was changed to an all day appointment.  But I was told that the technician would ring me 30mins before the call (Its a brandnew house, and I live 15 minutes away). Yesterday I had a confirmation call saying that it was an afternoon appointment, and don't worry, I would still get a call.

4. Today, no-one arrived and and I got no call.  We had workmen working on the house all day and noone arrived.  I have just spent 40 minutes (1 x cut off after 10 minutes on hold) trying to sort this out.  

Firstly I was put through to open eir as they look after the engineers.  They said that eir cancelled the call and put me back to eir.

Eir then said that the call wasn't cancelled.  I was told that the technician might have called, but as I wasn't there it would have gone down as a not at home.  But he still might call at this time of night, or tomorrow.

If he doesn't call, I have to ring up and make another appointment and start from scratch.  Do I have to arrange another call, take ANOTHER half day and then he mightn't show again?

What do I do? 

I'm extremely frustrated. I'm trying to give you business (only domestic - but I have been a customer of yours in my current house for 8 years).

I think this is extremely bad customer service.

I have the names of the people  I spoke to if this helps.

Please can you help me with this?  I don't know what to do next.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Hi,

I'm bumping this, as I'm still having problems. I've now spent over 1.5hours on the phone trying to solve tis.

I rang up this morning to reschedule to be told that the cables in my area were too old and repairs would have to be done first.  However, the house is in a brand new estate and we are the last people to move in.  All the people in the estate have broadband and telephone already.  So how can this be the case?  

They were also installing efibre outside the house a few weeks ago.

Please this is the 3rd or 4th story I have been told.  And I did ask to talk to a Supervisor or technician to resolve this, but was told I couldn't and there was nothing I could do.   At this stage I can't believe anything from them.

I was told I could ring back every so often for an update.

Where do I go to from here.  If there was another option to get a phone line, I'd jump at it - but there isn't .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dinkie,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear of your experience to date, can you PM me your name & account number & I will follow up on this for you?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Hi Pamela,

Just to let you know that I have PM'd my details. Thanks

Dinkie wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,

Just to let you know that I have PM'd my details.  Thanks
    No problem  Dinkie, I'm going through my PM's now.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

FYI- I got a phone call yesterday saying I had an appointment for today.  Again, I was assured that he would ring before he arrived.

No sign of him, so I rang eir.  They said he did arrive, but only builders were there so he left.  He didn't ring.

Now I started work at 4am this morning, so I would be available when he rang.  I had my phone beside me all day incase I missed his call.

I had rescheduled - but I have to spend the entire day around the house waiting for him.  There is no heating, and I'm several months pregnant.  Not ideal.

We have decided not to continue with Eir and go with another option for now.  We will move across to Siro when it is launched in our area in a couple months.  We don't really need a landline, we were only getting it as it was handy.

Can I say I'm so disappointed in Eir.  And extremely frustrated.  I had been a really happy customer.  So far I have advised 2 different people (all buying houses at the moment) against going with you and that is only in the past 2 weeks. 

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela,

FYI- I got a phone call yesterday saying I had an appointment for today.  Again, I was assured that he would ring before he arrived.

No sign of him, so I rang eir.  They said he did arrive, but only builders were there so he left.  He didn't ring.

Now I started work at 4am this morning, so I would be available when he rang.  I had my phone beside me all day incase I missed his call.

I had rescheduled - but I have to spend the entire day around the house waiting for him.  There is no heating, and I'm several months pregnant.  Not ideal.

We have decided not to continue with Eir and go with another option for now.  We will move across to Siro when it is launched in our area in a couple months.  We don't really need a landline, we were only getting it as it was handy.

Can I say I'm so disappointed in Eir.  And extremely frustrated.  I had been a really happy customer.  So far I have advised 2 different people (all buying houses at the moment) against going with you and that is only in the past 2 weeks. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm very sorry to hear this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dinkie.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]This is definitely not the experience we aimed to provide & sincere apologies. I will be sure to have this relayed to our appointments team.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimllfixit

Hi Pamela,

Hi Dinkie,

I've had much the same problem with getting my broadband fixed, the EIR technicians seem to be in a separate department from the complaints call centre, and never the twain will meet.

In addition, the techs always call my mobile number (we don't have mobile coverage in the house), despite the fact that I always ask them to call the land-line. So I always miss their calls, and have to re-schedule their access appontments each time.

The actual technicians and agents are individually excellent and helpful, I think it's the Eir "system" which doesn't seem to be able to respond.

Jimllfixit wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,

Hi Dinkie,

I've had much the same problem with getting my broadband fixed, the EIR technicians seem to be in a separate department from the complaints call centre, and never the twain will meet.

In addition, the techs always call my mobile number (we don't have mobile coverage in the house), despite the fact that I always ask them to call the land-line. So I always miss their calls, and have to re-schedule their access appontments each time.

The actual technicians and agents are individually excellent and helpful, I think it's the Eir "system" which doesn't seem to be able to respond.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Jimllfixit,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You left me a visitor message & I have sent you a PM in relation to this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement