Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beware of UPS courier company

Options
  • 11-11-2016 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I have just experience the worst courier service in my life.
    Did you know that UPS policy is that couriers do not call receivers when delivery a package? It is a HUGE problem for the properties behind gates where the only way of communication is over the phone. I`m waiting for my package 4 days now and every day courier declares to be at the gate and leave with the package back to depot. Even after my phone call to the "customer care" line there is no change in the approach.
    It is unbelievable for me that courier has no means to call me when approaching the gate - if you are sending a lot of packages to different customers beware of UPS - your package might stock in the depot for a good while since they are not willing to send it back to sender either!

Comments

I don't have every answer, but maybe get delivered where the courier has access?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

UPS has called me whenever they are looking for my address or to let me know they're coming

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnRock

I don't lived in a gated premises but most things I've ordered they ask for my telephone number and put it on the package. Whenever I didn't answer the intercom they'd usually ring my phone

eastrader wrote: »
    I have just experience the worst courier service in my life.
    Did you know that UPS policy is that couriers do not call receivers when delivery a package? It is a HUGE problem for the properties behind gates where the only way of communication is over the phone. I`m waiting for my package 4 days now and every day courier declares to be at the gate and leave with the package back to depot. Even after my phone call to the "customer care" line there is no change in the approach.
    It is unbelievable for me that courier has no means to call me when approaching the gate - if you are sending a lot of packages to different customers beware of UPS - your package might stock in the depot for a good while since they are not willing to send it back to sender either!

Check your order details and make sure you've given the correct phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Check your order details and make sure you've given the correct phone number.

+1 with almost all courier deliveries I can see my mobile number on the address label, clearly so the delivery driver can call me if there's a problem making the delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

Working for ups is like being in the army drivers are given all sorts of silly rules to follow they must reverse into all parking situations only take left hand turns no radio allowed in the van they must be clean shaven no ink no jewellery on show they do not give there drivers phones to use so all communication they get comes through there diad scanning device as a result of all this unhappy workers =unhappy customers.

snickers wrote: »
    only take left hand turns

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Working for ups is like being in the army drivers are given all sorts of silly rules to follow they must reverse into all parking situations only take left hand turns no radio allowed in the van they must be clean shaven no ink no jewellery on show they do not give there drivers phones to use so all communication they get comes through there diad scanning device as a result of all this unhappy workers =unhappy customers.

I remember watching a Mythbusters episode where they only turned right (that of course was in the US, where they drive on the wrong side of the road) so I suppose only turning left applies here where we drive on the right side of the road ... :confused::D

I found a recent ... well 2 years old ... report on their fuel savings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

I think a UPS Courier stole my game of Cards Against Humanity that I ordered last Christmas.

I was out and it was being delivered and I did get a call but he wanted to leave it in the bin but I told him not to, that I'd call out to the depot later and collect it because I didn't want it going in the bin. So I called to the depot and was basically told "that could be anywhere, we have no way of tracking it now, that's why he wanted to leave it in the bin".

I then resigned myself to the knowledge that I wouldn't get it that side of Christmas and asked Amazon for a refund. They said it had been delivered.

Never got any refund or satisfaction from them.

I think a UPS Courier stole my game of Cards Against Humanity that I ordered last Christmas.

I was out and it was being delivered and I did get a call but he wanted to leave it in the bin but I told him not to, that I'd call out to the depot later and collect it because I didn't want it going in the bin. So I called to the depot and was basically told "that could be anywhere, we have no way of tracking it now, that's why he wanted to leave it in the bin".

I then resigned myself to the knowledge that I wouldn't get it that side of Christmas and asked Amazon for a refund. They said it had been delivered.

Never got any refund or satisfaction from them.

1) slap with glove
    2) demand satisfaction
    3) ??????
    4) profit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

My method must have been wrong. I though it was:
    first you get the money
    then you get the power
    then you get the woman

My method must have been wrong. I though it was:
    first you get the money
    then you get the power
    then you get the woman

No. This is why you've gotten no profit

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

...that of course was in the US, where they drive on the wrong side of the road) ....

You'll find if/when you go there that people in the US tend to drive on the correct side of the road.
    ... so I suppose only turning left applies here where we drive on the right side of the road ...

Last time I was out driving here, I found that most people drove on the left side ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

coylemj wrote: »
    You'll find if/when you go there that people in the US tend to drive on the correct side of the road.

Last time I was out driving here, I found that most people drove on the left side ;)

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

I remember watching a Mythbusters episode where they only turned right (that of course was in the US, where they drive on the wrong side of the road) so I suppose only turning left applies here where we drive on the right side of the road ... :confused::D

I found a recent ... well 2 years old ... report on their fuel savings.

In pretty much all parts of the US you can turn right when traffic lights are red if it is safe to do so whereas if you want to turn left you have to wait for lights to change. By only turning right the delivary drivers get to the destination faster and save fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dexter_morgan

"only take left hand turns"

They will only be going around in circles!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

100%. Every single thing there is wrong there as far as I can make out.

Advertisement