Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Cool Festival Madrid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

The Nal wrote: »
    Assume they're the Friday night headliner.

One of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

announced today:

Young Fathers
    Wolf Alice
    Toundra
    James Bay
    Leon Bridges
    Richie Hawtin
    Eels
    Rufus T Firefly
    Daniel Avery
    Blackbear
    Biznaga
    Kevin Morby
    The Big Moon
    Odesza
    Jack White

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Fcuk me this is awesome. Looks like this will be my third summer in a row seeing a Daniel Avery set :pac: Honestly though this a Glastonbury beating lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Going on what I read about the festival last year one side of the front of the stage was reserved for VIP ticket holders. Meant they could stroll in and out easily throughout the day though it got more crowded obviously when headliners were on stage.
    For piece of mind they are probably the way to go as you know you will be able to get close to the stage, if that is a priority for you then decision made. Having said that they are quite expensive. Different location for festival this year but I assume the same system will be in place.
    gandalfio wrote: »
    The VIP tickets gain you access nearer to the stages apparently with drink discounts and quicker access to the enclosure, whatever that is. Anyone that's been before think the VIP is necessary to ensure less hassle or is it a gimmick?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Hey

Does anyone know are there weekend tickets still available for this, through resellers etc? The benicassim line up was announced yesterday and is very underwhelming... 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

oxygen wrote: »
    Hey

Does anyone know are there weekend tickets still available for this, through resellers etc? The benicassim line up was announced yesterday and is very underwhelming... ��

day tickets are still to go on-sale.
    there were VIP weekend tickets still available the other day, not sure if they still are.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Dammit. I was going to buy a €190 3 day ticket yesterday but stalled.

A few of us have tickets for Benicassim. It would be great to find a group with Mad cool tickets who can't now make it and would like to swap tickets for Beni. Wishful thinking I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Artic Monkeys just announced.

It was only a matter of time until they were announced. Now, the small matter of getting some 3 day passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

It was only a matter of time until they were announced. Now, the small matter of getting some 3 day passes.

So dismissive for someone without a ticket...

• Advertisement

Wooderson wrote: »
    So dismissive for someone without a ticket...

Am..bit confused here. I wasnt been dismissive of anything. It was strongly speculated that they were playing and it was only a matter of time untill it was announced. Id love to go to the festival plus I'm an Arctic Monkeys fan. Not sure how im being dismissive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

No 3 day passes left. 3 desperate day tickets come to 255 which is fair price imo

MadYaker wrote: »
    No 3 day passes left. 3 desperate day tickets come to 255 which is fair price imo

With booking fee it works out just about €100 a day ticket. So €300 for the 3 day passes. Still only €110 more than the previous price for a 3 day pass or €36 more a day if broken down. I'm just trying to convince myself. ha

More added to the line up today. Ben Howard, Post Malone, Dua Lipa and a good few others.

More added to the line up today. Ben Howard, Post Malone, Dua Lipa and a good few others. Still didn't buy a ticket. Eeeek

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Underworld!!!

Has anyone been before? Can anyone recall if there there anyone selling 3 day passes outside it last year? A good few of our group seem reluctant to pay the €300 for separate day passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Would anyone know what the new venue is like to get to in terms of public transport?
    And what time the headliners tend to be on at?
    TIA!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Would anyone know what the new venue is like to get to in terms of public transport?
    And what time the headliners tend to be on at?
    TIA!

I'd be interested if anyone has this information too. Only realising from reading this thread that it starts in the evening and runs later so there must be some kind of transport arrangements after for 80k people. Thinking of just getting day tickets to see Pearl Jam to make OH's year but can't find much info about the festival and never been to Madrid.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Some line up. We are really getting shafted in Ireland. The heat will be insane over there

Anyone still waiting for their wristbands in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Real Madra

Celtise wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting for their wristbands in the post?

I was wondering about this myself so I sent Spanish Ticketmaster an email earlier this week. They got back to me to say that they were still processing the orders for non Spanish addresses but that they would be sent out in the coming weeks.

Real Madra wrote: »
    I was wondering about this myself so I sent Spanish Ticketmaster an email earlier this week. They got back to me to say that they were still processing the orders for non Spanish addresses but that they would be sent out in the coming weeks.

Thanks I'd emailed Mad Cool directly but no response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Last year wrist bands were collected onsite during the first day. Collected in about 5mins once I found the correct entrance to get them from.

Got a mail today saying my wristbands are en route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Jesus that line up is insane! Is that typical?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Jesus that line up is insane! Is that typical?

Only in its third year as far as headliners go 2016 was Neil Young/Prodigy/The Who 2017 Green Day/Foo Fighters/Kings of Leon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Not long now! So excited!!

Advertisement