Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Cool Festival Madrid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Anyone know what's the story with transport from the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Still haven't seen them announce transport availability. Got email today saying wristbands are in transit.

Celtise wrote:
    Still haven't seen them announce transport availability. Got email today saying wristbands are in transit.

Cool. I didn't get any notice of the wristbands, must check up on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    Cool. I didn't get any notice of the wristbands, must check up on that.

I was wondering about the wristbands. I haven't received any email with regards to this. Pretty sure you might have to collect from venue

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

gaffolino wrote: »
    I was wondering about the wristbands. I haven't received any email with regards to this. Pretty sure you might have to collect from venue

I think if you bought your ticket from
    ticketmaster.es you will receive your wristband in the post.
    If you bought from festicket or another seller you will have to bring your eticket/email to the box office the day of the festival and you will get your wristband there.
    Pretty certain that is the situation.

• Advertisement

Layne wrote: »
    I think if you bought your ticket from
    ticketmaster.es you will receive your wristband in the post.
    If you bought from festicket or another seller you will have to bring your eticket/email to the box office the day of the festival and you will get your wristband there.
    Pretty certain that is the situation.

Yep. Bought in Festiticket so will pick it up at the venue . Kind of handier. Less chance of me leaving the wristband back in Dublin!!

Yeah, I checked the voucher they sent me and it has it there, collect at venue. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Line up for this is great. Would love to seeing Tame Impala again. Anyone going to this should check out Odezsa if you haven't before. I thought they were great the last time I caught them. Daniel Avery too.

I was also impressed by Portugal the man when I saw them this year too.

BUS TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR MAD COOL 2018!

20·06·2018

During Mad Cool Festival 2018, which will be held on the 12th, 13th and 14th of July in Espacio Mad Cool, located in Valdebebas - Ifema, the organization will provide a night bus service that will allow attendees to return from the festival to the city centre in a fast and comfortable way.

Every day the festival ends at 4:30am, so bus service will run without interruption between 02:00am and 05:30am. The buses will depart from Avenida de las Fuerzas Armadas S / N (100 meters from the festival main exit) and will arrive directly to Plaza de Colón.

Regarding public transport, we are waiting for the public agencies and institutions to make a decision about our request to enable a special night service that will run through the night in order to transport the attendees from the festival to various points of the city.

That is why today, Mad Cool Festival, cannot guarantee the attendees that public transport will be available outside of its usual time schedule (you can chek them in our website). Therefore, we recommend our guests to purchase the bus tickets as soon as possible to insure a spot as tickets are limited.

Bus tickets can be purchased through our website from today, Thursday 21st of June at 12:00pm (noon) until Wednesday 30th of June at 11:59pm.

- 1 day ticket: € 3 + fees

- 3-day voucher: € 6 + fees

Get your bus tickets here

Just seen this on the site with regards to transport. A little bit shocking that transport so limited. I would have taught it would have to be in place before licence granted for larger area !!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Just seen this on the site with regards to transport. A little bit shocking that transport so limited. I would have taught it would have to be in place before licence granted for larger area !![/quote]

Yeah the organisation is a bit concerning alright..they are saying the metro company havent decided yet if they will run through till 4/5 am..but they replied to someone on facebook saying you can get onward night buses to different areas of madrid from Plaza de Colon where this bus terminates.

• Advertisement

Just seen this on the site with regards to transport. A little bit shocking that transport so limited. I would have taught it would have to be in place before licence granted for larger area !!

Yeah the organisation is a bit concerning alright..they are saying the metro company havent decided yet if they will run through till 4/5 am..but they replied to someone on facebook saying you can get onward night buses to different areas of madrid from Plaza de Colon where this bus terminates.[/QUOTE]

In fairness , €6 is a bargain for the whole weekend, but there saying that tickets are limited so what happens when they run out! Would much prefer the metro our stop is right at our accom but sure might just grab it to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Yeah the organisation is a bit concerning alright..they are saying the metro company havent decided yet if they will run through till 4/5 am..but they replied to someone on facebook saying you can get onward night buses to different areas of madrid from Plaza de Colon where this bus terminates.

In fairness , €6 is a bargain for the whole weekend, but there saying that tickets are limited so what happens when they run out! Would much prefer the metro our stop is right at our accom but sure might just grab it to be on the safe side[/quote]

Yeah true that..€6 is a bargain so might just buy some even thou we might not use as our hotels are far from Plaza de Colon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Info on the website about using Uber. Website also has info on visiting historic sites... even suggests visiting them in the mornings. Don't think that'll happen when the last act only finishes at 4:30am!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

New app available. Pretty handy.

Only really going through the times now and theres a few clashes.

Heard some stories that its not like say the picnic or other festivals. That there is only a a=certain amount let into each gig and when its full its full. Is this true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Heard some stories that its not like say the picnic or other festivals. That there is only a a=certain amount let into each gig and when its full its full. Is this true

I think the first year of the festival some of the stages had capacity but that wasn't the case last year it was all open plan.

This year is a new venue so best look at the site map, can't imagine any indoor stages or enclosed outdoor arenas with capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RDixon

Just found out I can't go to Mad Cool and have 2 tickets (physical bands already delivered to Dublin) selling for 140 euro each (below asking) - proper 3 day tickets full festival tickets. Apologies if this sin't allowed just thought I'd mention as people seem disappointed its sold out (Have an adverts and donedeal ad up for them)

RDixon wrote: »
    Just found out I can't go to Mad Cool and have 2 tickets (physical bands already delivered to Dublin) selling for 140 euro each (below asking) - proper 3 day tickets full festival tickets. Apologies if this sin't allowed just thought I'd mention as people seem disappointed its sold out (Have an adverts and donedeal ad up for them)

Toutless is probably your best bet.

www.toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Anyone flying out on July 12th with Ryanair ?

Their pilots just announced a potential strike for that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Real Madra

lc180 wrote: »
    Anyone flying out on July 12th with Ryanair ?

Their pilots just announced a potential strike for that day.

Yeah myself and a friend are flying over on the 12th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

We were flying out on the 12th with Ryanair too, booked Iberia today at €136 to get us there as insurance, f*ck it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Real Madra

I actually had it wrong. We're flying out on Iberia and back on Ryanair. Blessed.

bryaner wrote:
    We were flying out on the 12th with Ryanair too, booked Iberia today at €136 to get us there as insurance, f*ck it anyway!

Where did ya get them for that? Seem to be 230+ each everywhere now.. Unsurprisingly I suppose.... Cracking up

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    Where did ya get them for that? Seem to be 230+ each everywhere now.. Unsurprisingly I suppose.... Cracking up

It was just after they announced the strike, they shot up shortly afterwards.

Real Madra wrote: »
    I actually had it wrong. We're flying out on Iberia and back on Ryanair. Blessed.

Nice.

Ryanair will notify customers by Tuesday if their flight is affected...

bryaner wrote: »
    It was just after they announced the strike, they shot up shortly afterwards.

Thanks, thought as much.at this rate I'll prob be looking at an extra 600 quid which I may or may not get something back on:mad:

Potential option is fly to Barcelona then take the train, high speed train about €100 a ticket. Hope Ryanair don't wait until Tuesday to notify us.

Potential option is fly to Barcelona then take the train, high speed train about €100 a ticket. Hope Ryanair don't wait until Tuesday to notify us.

You can do Dublin -Stansted -Madrid on the Wednesday for about €170

• Advertisement

Advertisement