Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Cool Festival Madrid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Ryanair will notify customers by Tuesday if their flight is affected...

Pretty useless for those potentially impacted. That's too close to cancel a lot of other bookings also if you were travelling on the 12th. If you want to ensure you travel, you have little choice but to pay another airline for the alternative. Between this and the rostering debacles, that's my last Ryanair booking...

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

fmul9798 wrote:
    Pretty useless for those potentially impacted. That's too close to cancel a lot of other bookings also if you were travelling on the 12th. If you want to ensure you travel, you have little choice but to pay another airline for the alternative. Between this and the rostering debacles, that's my last Ryanair booking...

Agreed, notify Tuesday for a flight leaving a day and a half later, ridiculous.. Had to bite the bullet and pay near 450 for more flights, and keep my fingers crossed my flight home is OK.
    Last Ryanair booking.. Not that they care..

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Glass Animals have pulled out of festival

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"Last Ryanair booking" is up there with "I'm leaving Facebook" in terms of empty promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

For some, perhaps.
    The Nal wrote: »
    "Last Ryanair booking" is up there with "I'm leaving Facebook" in terms of empty promises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

hmmm...in the same boat re thursday flight... only going thurs - monday...what to do what to do....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    Agreed, notify Tuesday for a flight leaving a day and a half later, ridiculous.. Had to bite the bullet and pay near 450 for more flights, and keep my fingers crossed my flight home is OK.
    Last Ryanair booking.. Not that they care..

Jaysus I feel for you, who you flying with now?

bryaner wrote:
    Jaysus I feel for you, who you flying with now?

Flying with Aer Lingus to Edinburgh then British Airways to Madrid.
    Couldn't take the chance, I'm pot committed at this stage..

The Nal wrote:

Gave up Facebook years ago.. Haven't been back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Real Madra

How much was that route? A mate of mine is looking at getting over.

• Advertisement

Yep that's the way we were, just lucky we had one of our group in front of a PC at the time and he could act nearly immediately, might see you there..

Real Madra wrote: »

Check the Stansted route Wednesday of he can

bryaner wrote: »
    Check the Stansted route Wednesday of he can

If*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Real Madra wrote: »

Possible other option, Dublin to Barcelona with Iberia on Wed 11, depart 8.30pm then either overnight bus to Madrid or stay in Barcelona for the night & get the fast train on Thurs to Madrid.

Real Madra wrote:

Worked out near 220 per ticket, one way. Got it through skyscanner Wednesday. Hope your mate gets there.

could have got there this time yesterday for €220 - it's now nearly €300...missus has high hopes of a ryan air resolve... im freaking out...

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    could have got there this time yesterday for €220 - it's now nearly €300...missus has high hopes of a ryan air resolve... im freaking out...

Latest reading doesn't look good for no strike.

anyone else still holding out for tomorrow's ryan air announcement?? my buzz for this fest has been completely killed

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    anyone else still holding out for tomorrow's ryan air announcement?? my buzz for this fest has been completely killed

Same as that. Not ideal, that's for sure.

Don't want to jinx it but there is some light emerging, Ryanair have offered to meet pilot's union at a neutral venue either tomorrow or Wednesday.

I know some have already booked another flight for Thursday, not an option for me so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Layne wrote: »
    Same as that. Not ideal, that's for sure.

Don't want to jinx it but there is some light emerging, Ryanair have offered to meet pilot's union at a neutral venue either tomorrow or Wednesday.

I know some have already booked another flight for Thursday, not an option for me so fingers crossed.

Here’s hoping we get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

ILIKEFOOD wrote:

I really doubt there will be any movement on either side. Expect nothing sides to go running to the media blaming the others intransigence.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Real Madra

I see that the site map is up on the Mad Cool app.

image.thumb.png.ec3a332b746aa728a5f057aaf2ccf126.png
    image.thumb.png.4ac0a6fd6d450498c980522535208232.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭BandMember

Anyone need any tickets?? Have a few going spare...

Still waiting on word from Ryanair... looks like evening time before notifications go out today about Thursday flights.

from online chat with Ryanair
    Nora12:30 pm Right now, I cannot see any indication on your reservation that your flight is affected. As soon as anything is confirmed, you will be notified via e-mail and/or SMS.
    Me12:32 pm Have you any idea at what time today?
    Nora12:32 pm It will be the evening most probably
    Me12:33 pm And will I receive notification only if the flight is cancelled?
    Or will Ryanair notify me if the flight is scheduled to go ahead?
    Nora12:33 pm You will receive an email about it in the upcoming few hours

Still waiting on word from Ryanair... looks like evening time before notifications go out today about Thursday flights.

from online chat with Ryanair
    Nora12:30 pm Right now, I cannot see any indication on your reservation that your flight is affected. As soon as anything is confirmed, you will be notified via e-mail and/or SMS.
    Me12:32 pm Have you any idea at what time today?
    Nora12:32 pm It will be the evening most probably
    Me12:33 pm And will I receive notification only if the flight is cancelled?
    Or will Ryanair notify me if the flight is scheduled to go ahead?
    Nora12:33 pm You will receive an email about it in the upcoming few hours

thanks for the update - complete d!ck teases sending out a check in email earlier :/

BandMember wrote: »
    Anyone need any tickets?? Have a few going spare...

any friday tickets?

We only got Thurs and Sat but if our flight doesnt happen and somehow we end up there in the Friday instead of Thurs I might be interested...you'll probably shift them before we find out...

PHEW!!!!!

Ryanair to cancel up to 30 of 290 Irish flights on Thurs 12 July, only some IRE-UK flights affected.

All Ireland to Europe flights to operate as normal as majority of Irish pilots fly on Thurs:
    https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/irish-customer-update-pilot-strike-thurs-12-july/

• Advertisement

Sh!t the bed - winner winner chicken dinner. ole ole ole ole etc. :)

Advertisement