Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Cool Festival Madrid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Delighted for all waiting on news flights are going ahead...

Fookin MAD having shelled out 450 for alternative flights!!!

Feel like getting one of those cash guns the rappers use to fire bills at the strippers....just fill it full of scores and blast it at this trip!!!!!:mad:

It's gonna be great crack though...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

I now have flights I don't need to Barcelona, but at least can change them so that's another weekend in Spain later in the year - at least the flights aren't with Ryanair! Still planning on getting to the airport with loads of time to spare on Thursday just in case...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Happy days!!

I wanted to get excited on here earlier but didn't feel appropriate with all the don't know if I'm flying Ryanair crew. Delighted for you all

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Real Madra

The Thursday set times have worked out very nicely in my favour. Gang of Youths, then most of Slaves, Eels, Fleet Foxes, then break time* followed by Pearl Jam, Kasabian and if I'm still going MGMT.

*Not the name of a band. I mean an actual break time where I can sit and have a nice beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Real Madra wrote: »
    The Thursday set times have worked out very nicely in my favour. Gang of Youths, then most of Slaves, Eels, Fleet Foxes, then break time* followed by Pearl Jam, Kasabian and if I'm still going MGMT.

*Not the name of a band. I mean an actual break time where I can sit and have a nice beer!

You forgot Tame Impala.

• Advertisement

Lemsiper wrote: »
    You forgot Tame Impala.

I don't really know them and I'll need to recharge the batteries at some point so I reckon I'll be skipping them. I'll give them a listen beforehand though so see if they're my thing or not.

I don't really know them and I'll need to recharge the batteries at some point so I reckon I'll be skipping them. I'll give them a listen beforehand though so see if they're my thing or not.

Ya you should definitely check them out if you're not in chill out mode!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Well lads what's the story? Heard it's an absolute **** show at the gates?! Not going until Saturday night, bringing a teen so really hope there's no aggro!

Not there yet but friend said badly sgn posted. She took Uber - they have special drop off point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Entrance is a joke, site too small and I really hope that's a litre of beer they just charged 10 euro for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Pearl. Jam. Immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Finally after nearly 40
    Festivals I got to experience a real sh!t show - music and all the technical aspect can’t be faulted but the rest was a dangerous nightmare..lucky there wasn’t a riot getting in - more to
    Follow - to upset at what a waste this has been so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

reading the efestivals thread, it seems like an absolute shambles. hours to get in, queues all over the place, card machines not working, bar pumps not working, too few bar staff....
    https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/221301-mad-cool-2018/?page=128

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Didn't they have trouble last year with the organisation too? I know they had thunder storms and a performer died, but thought was other poorly organised bits

Firstly, Pearl Jam were just brilliant. Really enjoyed Kasabian too. Secondly, this is by far the worst run featival I have ever been to. After queuing for 2 and 1/2 hours to get in, the heat and lack of water got the better of me and I nearly collapsed. Thankfully before that happened I left the queue to lie down in some shade (not one beer drank at this stage by the way). Thankfully there was a very nice English couple there who got me some water and a paramedic. The paramedic got a doctor who in turn got an ambulance which took me to the medicare area at the back of the main stage. They hooked me up to an IV amd got some fluids into me and I was grand then. Once I was walked back into the venue itself by one of the ambulance crew I had to go down to the entrance to get my wristband. Thankfully the security lad had enough English to grasp that there wasn't a hope in hell that I was rejoining the queue and he put me to the top. By the way, when all this happened after 2 and 1/2 hours of queuing I'd say I still had a good hour left to queue at that point.

Once in though I realised that you have to queue for EVERYTHING. Literally 5 and 6 deep at every bar and queues at every foodstand. The venue is simply too small for the volume of people amd their technology is rubbish wirh card readers and even cash registers breaking down. All in all, a complete shambles albeit I emjoyed the music.

No queuing system at the bars - a complete free for all - I watched how one girl was taking orders, pulling pints and then to top it all off trying to fix a keg that wasn’t working..with 100s waiting to be served. The crowd control was non existent - they had waist high plastic fences to funnel people in to the entrance - it could have got very dangerous real quickl. No free water from what I could tell either. It’s a real shame because the stages and set up and sound quality was actually very good. Bizarrely the entire site is covered in fake grass...if they had put as much effort into the health and safety as they did laying that it could have been great. No clear way on getting home either - we were sent on a 2 hour loop around it to get back to where we came from. In the end we managed to get a taxi - because this starts late and ends late it was 5am at this stage. A shambles. Take a look at the twitter feed or Facebook reviews for a flavor of how bad it was. We had a day ticket - all they did was tear the paper on entrance - I could have printed it off a hundred times and given my ticket to mates - they would have got in no hassle - no electronic scanners to check if it as valid or not.. have a ticket for tomorrow - not sure if I’ll go back.. unreal how badly this has gone

Firstly, Pearl Jam were just brilliant. Really enjoyed Kasabian too. Secondly, this is by far the worst run featival I have ever been to. After queuing for 2 and 1/2 hours to get in, the heat and lack of water got the better of me and I nearly collapsed. Thankfully before that happened I left the queue to lie down in some shade (not one beer drank at this stage by the way). Thankfully there was a very nice English couple there who got me some water and a paramedic. The paramedic got a doctor who in turn got an ambulance which took me to the medicare area at the back of the main stage. They hooked me up to an IV amd got some fluids into me and I was grand then.
    What an awful experience - hope yer ok today. No comments from the organizers despite the heavy criticisms - muppets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

They moved site from last year due to feedback that it was too small for the 45k crowd. Think they sold 80k for this new site but still the same entrance issues that were there in the Caja Magica site.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I got up there about half 4/5 and got up to the front of the q and was one of the lucky people to get in the first 10 mins, other than the whole mess up getting a bus back I had a unbelieveable day!!!

I did hear some horror stories tho on the trip home

Slaves and kasabian were amazing but Pearl Jam blew my mind!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

This sounds like an absolute shambles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Firstly, Pearl Jam were just brilliant. Really enjoyed Kasabian too. Secondly, this is by far the worst run featival I have ever been to. After queuing for 2 and 1/2 hours to get in, the heat and lack of water got the better of me and I nearly collapsed. Thankfully before that happened I left the queue to lie down in some shade (not one beer drank at this stage by the way). Thankfully there was a very nice English couple there who got me some water and a paramedic. The paramedic got a doctor who in turn got an ambulance which took me to the medicare area at the back of the main stage. They hooked me up to an IV amd got some fluids into me and I was grand then. Once I was walked back into the venue itself by one of the ambulance crew I had to go down to the entrance to get my wristband. Thankfully the security lad had enough English to grasp that there wasn't a hope in hell that I was rejoining the queue and he put me to the top. By the way, when all this happened after 2 and 1/2 hours of queuing I'd say I still had a good hour left to queue at that point.

Once in though I realised that you have to queue for EVERYTHING. Literally 5 and 6 deep at every bar and queues at every foodstand. The venue is simply too small for the volume of people amd their technology is rubbish wirh card readers and even cash registers breaking down. All in all, a complete shambles albeit I emjoyed the music.

sorry to hear that, hopefully you're better now.

crazy that they're taking sealed water bottles off people, who then had to queue another hour+ to get their wristbands after security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

My German friend often says that the only people less organised than the Irish are the Spanish.

My German friend often says that the only people less organised than the Irish are the Spanish.

To be fair we aren’t that bad when it comes to festivals! The organizers want to sell pints and know how to do it like experts at most of the festivals I’ve been to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

You should tell your German friend about Lollapalooza Berlin, a shambles of a festival

sorry to hear that, hopefully you're better now.

crazy that they're taking sealed water bottles off people, who then had to queue another hour+ to get their wristbands after security.

Ah yeah, I'm grand thanks (having a beer outside my hotel😎)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Which is bullsh*t. The organisers of this festival obviously screwed something up. There are lots of festivals in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

seachto7 wrote: »
    Which is bullsh*t. The organisers of this festival obviously screwed something up. There are lots of festivals in Spain.

Belovedaunt must be trolling. Mad cool is a clusterf#uck and they are lucky no fans died yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tell them about the organisation for the Pearl Jam gig in Berlin last week. Cluster**** shítshow is the only apt description for it, never anything like it in Ireland.

I was shocked though, complete opposite to what was expected.

To that poster who nearly collapsed, hope all is well and you get to enjoy the rest of the days!

Myself and the 10 or so others had a great time altogether. I can see how people certainly would not have, but I just had to chime in and add that not everybody had a negative experience

• Advertisement

Pearl Jam were amazing last night, brilliant. I had a great day, avoided the issues others having as I had my wrist band and can walk to and from the venue from my hotel. I brought a bottle top in with me so only bought one water and then refilled the bottle. Looking forward to seeing Alice in Chains today.

Advertisement