Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Cool Festival Madrid

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'll never get to see PJ or AIC :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Someone on PJ thread said Ireland is in the list for next year's tour. Hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

It's a ****ing shambles of a festival.Not going back tonight
    sorry to hear that, hopefully you're better now.

crazy that they're taking sealed water bottles off people, who then had to queue another hour+ to get their wristbands after security.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

It's a ****ing shambles of a festival.Not going back tonight
    from reading elsewhere, it seems they've fixed a lot of the issues this evening, not much queues to get in and bars fairly empty.

that may be because lots of people are staying away at the moment though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Mushy wrote: »
    Tell them about the organisation for the Pearl Jam gig in Berlin last week. Cluster**** shítshow is the only apt description for it, never anything like it in Ireland.

I was shocked though, complete opposite to what was expected.

To that poster who nearly collapsed, hope all is well and you get to enjoy the rest of the days!

Ah now, not never in Ireland. Longitudes first day last year was supposed to be absolute mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

from reading elsewhere, it seems they've fixed a lot of the issues this evening, not much queues to get in and bars fairly empty.

that may be because lots of people are staying away at the moment though :pac:

Presumably wristbands and all that being sorted already has headed off a lot of the issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Real Madra

It was much better today. You'd expect that people could gain entrance much more easily after the first day and that was the case. The bars were grand too, even down by the main stage. We had a good spot for Massive Attack but there were technical issues so we left when they were about a half hour overdue. Did they play at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Real Madra wrote:
    It was much better today. You'd expect that people could gain entrance much more easily after the first day and that was the case. The bars were grand too, even down by the main stage. We had a good spot for Massive Attack but there were technical issues so we left when they were about a half hour overdue. Did they play at all?

Just read a tweet saying massive attack cancelled saying they were put off by the sound of Franz ferdinand from whatever stage they were on.. Massive attack were the main act I was looking forward to.. Fook!
    I was a bit perplexed why Franz were playing on one of the bigger stages while MA were in the loop.. I wonder were they thinking that to..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

given that Mad Cool have been a shambles in many respects, it's hard to totally believe them that this is actually the reason. there's a poster on efestivals that says they spoke to Paul Kalkbrenner's tour manager, who said that the organisation backstage at The Loop was chaos.

37175638_1774739002616951_6736040039177781248_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=bd307c647360688bd924db63e92e6df6&oe=5BD159C9

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They're getting slated on facebook as well. They moved to a new site and increased the capacity significantly so I guess there was always going to be issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Same thing happened at EP a few years ago. Someone had the bright idea to put Low, a minimal band on next to some tent with a DJ. Disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

seachto7 wrote: »
    Same thing happened at EP a few years ago. Someone had the bright idea to put Low, a minimal band on next to some tent with a DJ. Disaster.

Jon Hopkins was the other act. Low were fuming

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Real Madra

Despite the organisational problems on Thursday it waa a brilliant few days. Depeche Mode were incredible last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Real Madra wrote: »
    Despite the organisational problems on Thursday it waa a brilliant few days. Depeche Mode were incredible last night.

Glad it turned out well!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why is it called Mad cool if its blistering hot?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

given that Mad Cool have been a shambles in many respects, it's hard to totally believe them that this is actually the reason. there's a poster on efestivals that says they spoke to Paul Kalkbrenner's tour manager, who said that the organisation backstage at The Loop was chaos.

37175638_1774739002616951_6736040039177781248_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=bd307c647360688bd924db63e92e6df6&oe=5BD159C9

When it became obvious they weren't gonna play there should have been notices on the big screens.
    The Loop was packed. I waited for an hour like thousands of others expecting them to appear any second. Really killed the positive vibes.
    Saw from afar people lobbing bottles and plastic glasses on stage they were so pissed off waiting. Could have got out of control fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Had a mighty weekend, but never saw as badly a run gig, Tame Impala the best in my opinion, gonna be a rough nights sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Real Madra wrote: »

They sure were, rocked the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaffolino

Only back to reality now after a week travelling round Spain to recover. Had an absolute ball even if it was one the worst organised festivals I ever saw. They slightly redeemed themselves on the Friday after being both slated on social media and main spanish press. But then it was back to square one on the Saturday night with the bars and food etc. Never seen barstaff like it. 45 mins to get a drink. But it really didn't dampen the mode. Pearl Jam and Jack White where amasing. Greta vibe at it as well. Much preferred the crowd to this then the likes of Benicassim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

We stayed in madrid from the 10th to the 18th so we had some chill out time in the aftermath thank god, we agreed we will most likely book a European festival again for next year and feck the Irish ones, we loved it! Very nice to walk on level ground also, my bf has arthritis in his hip so ep can be a total nightmare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

gaffolino wrote: »
    Only back to reality now after a week travelling round Spain to recover. Had an absolute ball even if it was one the worst organised festivals I ever saw. They slightly redeemed themselves on the Friday after being both slated on social media and main spanish press. But then it was back to square one on the Saturday night with the bars and food etc. Never seen barstaff like it. 45 mins to get a drink. But it really didn't dampen the mode. Pearl Jam and Jack White where amasing. Greta vibe at it as well. Much preferred the crowd to this then the likes of Benicassim.

The bars and food were easy on Saturday. Where were people queuing?!

The Nal wrote: »
    The bars and food were easy on Saturday. Where were people queuing?!

You clearly got lucky!! First bar we went to on the Saturday was left of the smaller main stage ( no idea of its name) Queued up for two minutes and asked for two double vodka. Girls reply that there's no cups. We then point out that there is a massive pile of cups not even two feet away from her. She replies that that's the next station and she cant take them. Move two feet to the right and had to queue again while the girl just stands there looking lovely. Next round of drinks was during Depeche mode. went to same bar , couldn't get near, went to the far side of the bar that was in the middle stage. 3 people in front of me. 40 mins later eventually got a drink. asked for vodka and diet coke, vodka and 7up and beer. girl had no mixers in fridge at all. no one restocking anything. Couldn't find cups then. only reason I didn't give up was out of spite!!

Yeah those bars weren't great but if you walked 30 seconds to the bars to the right of the main stage there were no queues!

People love joining queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

People also love hipflaschks of grim whikkey.

Wooderson wrote: »
    People also love hipflaschks of grim whikkey.

Tried that. Got stung twice were a mate of mine swan through no questions asked. I must have one of those faces

gaffolino wrote: »
    Tried that. Got stung twice were a mate of mine swan through no questions asked. I must have one of those faces

Brought one in each day. Got searched each day but they didn't find it.

joel%2Bedgerton%2Bjane%2Bgot%2Ba%2Bgun.gif

Its a must for all gigs.

Advertisement