Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer all data to another XB1

Options
  • 11-11-2016 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

I am expecting delivery of an Elite console and I have my 500GB full of games. Can I transfer the 380GB of game downloads to the new one ? I was messing around with a usb2 HDD and it gave no option to copy , it seemed to only allow photo or video. If I buy a USB 3 drive can I copy the downloads, I have 3mb DSL do downloading again will be a pain in the ass.

Comments

Can only save games to a USB 3.0 HDD, so yes you can move everything over and just plug it in to the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Any digital games you have, which might not fit on the External HDD, will be available to download in My Games & Apps under Ready to Install

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Any digital games you have, which might not fit on the External HDD, will be available to download in My Games & Apps under Ready to Install

You could move them across then remove the ones you moved from the external to internal and use the hard drive again to copy the remaining ones.

That's if your external drive isn't large enough.

Advertisement