Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about salary pay

Options
  • 11-11-2016 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all.
    Just wondering if you could give me some advice. I work on a salary and normally work more than my 40 hours for no extra pay.which I don't mind tbh as it's the nature of the business. However as the year slows down and I will be working less that forty the odd week, thered was mention of collecting stamps.
    I would be under the assumption that I have to be payed my salary even if they give me less that 40 hours to work as it is their choice to do that and not mine. Would I be right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If business slumps they could put you on a short week. You would need to be not working for 3 days a week to claim. Best option you could hope for is a five day week followed by a two day week. Thus giving you 3 days off work every 2 weeks in which to claim.
    I certainly wouldn't be doing more than 8 hours a day if that were to happen.
    They can't have it both ways with you dping10 days work in 8 days.

Advertisement