Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My night rate is during the day!

• 12-11-2016 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Just realised that currently my "night rate" is running from 0930 to 1830! So this is just a note to you to check when your night rate is actually on.

It's been years since I checked. Don't have an EV yet and don't run anything that consumes large amounts of leccy but I will change my usage pattern to match!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

axe2grind wrote: »
    Just realised that currently my "night rate" is running from 0930 to 1830! So this is just a note to you to check when your night rate is actually on.

How did you determine that? I don't think it's possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

KCross wrote: »
    How did you determine that? I don't think it's possible.

I've the same night rate meter with donkeys years and it never went wrong not even in a power cut. It must have some back up battery that lasts forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I've the same night rate meter with donkeys years and it never went wrong not even in a power cut. It must have some back up battery that lasts forever.
    Not quite forever as I assume this is what has happened to mine, the back-up battery has died.

Mine's in 20 odd years and there is a circular timer clock thing with the start and finish tabs. The tabs are in correct place, but it is at the wrong time. I'll check it regularly and check after power cuts. Actually due a power cut soon for tree cutting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

axe2grind wrote: »
    Not quite forever as I assume this is what has happened to mine, the back-up battery has died.

Mine's in 20 odd years and there is a circular timer clock thing with the start and finish tabs. The tabs are in correct place, but it is at the wrong time. I'll check it regularly and check after power cuts. Actually due a power cut soon for tree cutting.

A simple email to ESB networks and they'll come out and put in a new meter within a few days. They use digital meters now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭axe2grind

KCross wrote: »
    A simple email to ESB networks and they'll come out and put in a new meter within a few days. They use digital meters now.
    Of course the right thing to do, but I'm going to work it to my advantage for a while to cancel out my losses as a result of targeting the small hours to run things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement