Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soft foods - how to blend/liquidize?

• 12-11-2016 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭

Hi I have fractured by Jaw and need to have a soft food diet for a while.
    Can someone recommend whether I need to buy a liquidizer or blender or what is the difference? And where can I get one? Was thinking of Argos?
    The foods I need to blend are soft fruits, veg, chicken etc.. anything that I can mash with a fork/potato masher I will..
    I don't want to spend much money and something that is small preferable and easily cleaned.
    I don't have any knowledge of such.
    PS I am not interested in a nutribullet or anything v high tech like that - just something to blitz some foods... thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

sporina wrote: »
    Can someone recommend whether I need to buy a liquidizer or blender or what is the difference?
    They arte the same thing. Liquidizer is just an 80s name for a blender.
    PS I am not interested in a nutribullet or anything v high tech like that - just something to blitz some foods... thanks.

A nutibullet isn't high tech. It's just a blender too.

Garb the argos catalogue and pick a simple one that fits your budget. You get what you pay for to an extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭sporina

Mellor wrote: »
    They arte the same thing. Liquidizer is just an 80s name for a blender.

really wow - I had no idea..

A nutibullet isn't high tech. It's just a blender too.

Garb the argos catalogue and pick a simple one that fits your budget. You get what you pay for to an extent.

era as long as it works for a period of time i don't mind.. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

sporina wrote: »

The only difference between a nutribullet and a blender is that a nutribullet is much easier to clean and has a more powerful motor and better design which pulverised food much better.

I have no idea what you might imagine might be very high tech about it. It's the same thing but better and no more complicated to use.

Zillah wrote: »
    The only difference between a nutribullet and a blender is that a nutribullet is much easier to clean and has a more powerful motor and better design which pulverised food much better.

I have no idea what you might imagine might be very high tech about it. It's the same thing but better and no more complicated to use.

i imagined that it would be high tech as they are €€€..

i am actually looking for something to soften food - eg cooked veg, fruit, fish/chicken as oppose to a liquidizer - but will a liquidizer blend/soften food? i always associated them with more liquid type products - like smoothies, soup etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You put a bit of liquid in with virtually anything and it reduces it to a smoothie texture. I don't know if a potato and chicken smoothie would be any good but maybe that's just life with a broken jaw.

I'm sure there are knock-off Nutribullets by now that would cost less. They're not high tech they're just really powerful and well designed. Blitz anything, easy to clean.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    You put a bit of liquid in with virtually anything and it reduces it to a smoothie texture. I don't know if a potato and chicken smoothie would be any good but maybe that's just life with a broken jaw.

its a case of nutrition over taste

I'm sure there are knock-off Nutribullets by now that would cost less. They're not high tech they're just really powerful and well designed. Blitz anything, easy to clean.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

A simple hand blender might be all you need , I don't know what your cooking, but say if you made a beef stew all you would have to do it dip the hand blender into the pot. That would be a lot less hassle and hand blenders are cheap.http://www.argos.ie/static/Browse/ID72/29619278/c_1/2%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen+and+laundry%7C14418476/c_2/2%7C14418476%7CFood+preparation%7C29619252/c_3/3%7Ccat_29619252%7CHand+blenders%7C29619278/r_001/1%7CPrice+Cut%7CYes%7C1.htm

Advertisement