Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any store in Dublin to try the Apple Watch on your wrist?

Options
  • 12-11-2016 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I am considering getting an Apple Watch awn would like to see how both sizes look on my wrist (I am a male and most online comments online say the 42 is a no-brainer, but I am fairly skinny and don't want the watch to look like a gadget attached to my wrist - more like a watch, so I need to judge by myself).

Does anyone know if there are any shops in Dublin (preferably city centre) where they will let you try both sizes on your wrist?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

CompuB on grafton St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

iConnect Henry St.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Cheers, will try one of those!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Don't be afraid of the 38mm - the bigger one looks absolutely stupid on my wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Zcott wrote: »
    Don't be afraid of the 38mm - the bigger one looks absolutely stupid on my wrist.

I will probably go and give it a try in the afternoon.

But yes I have a small though fairly flat wrist (157mm circumference, 50mm width) and was sure I wanted a 38 as the 42 would look like a gadget rather than a watch. But having had a look at the demo model at the shop the 38 did look tiny and a bit more female-like compared to the 42 (it was under a glass protection though, so couldn't put it next to my wrist to see how it looks - which might give a very different impression).

How large is your wrist?

• Advertisement

Bob24 wrote: »
    I will probably go and give it a try in the afternoon.

But yes I have a small though fairly flat wrist (157mm circumference, 50mm width) and was sure I wanted a 38 as the 42 would look like a gadget rather than a watch. But having had a look at the demo model at the shop the 38 did look tiny and a bit more female-like compared to the 42 (it was under a glass protection though, so couldn't put it next to my wrist to see how it looks - which might give a very different impression).

How large is your wrist?

IMG_0792.JPG

Pretty tiny! The 42mm looked like a TV on my wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Zcott wrote: »
    IMG_0792.JPG

Pretty tiny! The 42mm looked like a TV on my wrist.

38mm with milanese loop - check.
    Shirt colour to match lining of coat - check.
    Ipad(?) exploring watch in picture - check.

You flash bstrd :D

dodzy wrote: »
    38mm with milanese loop - check.
    Shirt colour to match lining of coat - check.
    Ipad(?) exploring watch in picture - check.

You flash bstrd :D

Ha! Completely unintentional...and that wasn't my iPad, it was a photo taken in the Apple store in Belfast just after they came out :)

And although I did pay up for the Milanese loop, I put it on my aluminium sport model...

Advertisement