Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boxnation on BT Sport

• 12-11-2016 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭

No details yet but boxnation just posted on twitter that they will be available on BT Sport from 2017. Great news for anyone who has BT already or currently pays to have both.

CxDfGZBWEAA4jis.jpg

https://twitter.com/boxnationtv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sportaholhic!

great news hopefully it will improve the bills now

Boxnation is a great idea but the lack of Saturday night live domestic shows was killing it. Hopefully this works out 30 live shows would be fantastic and with the BT money they might be able to draw a lot of the sky fighters over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

pac_man wrote: »
    I believe when you have eircom broadband that you get BT sports for free. So I assuming you'll get boxnation for free now?

I would think do Pac, but you what they say about things being too good etc. I wouldn't be surprised of a price hike or similar. BT sports name is now getting established

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

http://www.boxnation.com/boxing-news/bt-sport-sign-landmark-boxing-deal-with-frank-warren-and-boxnation/

^ Looks like BT Sport will get a lot of the domestic stuff and some of the international cards. I'd imagine 8/10 of the big fights will still be on Boxnation, but there will be a Friday night I'm bored for something to watch and a British/Euro level card will pop up and I'll be more than happy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Diddley Squat

BT really is rivalling Sky for sports these days.
    Its a great thing Boxnation goes to BT - for the fans , BT and Boxnation.

Assuming this will be free for BT or Eircom subscribers.
    Im sure a charge comes down the line though but maybe 2018.

All good - I think Boxnation was in trouble and was always in danger of folding one day.

PBC suggests it will have a bid 2017 but I think its bluster - these cards wont happen.
    They just went almost 6 weeks without a card - afaik. NO income for the firm but still got to pay out everybody on contract . And the contracts are very generous too.

Will see what happens now ....... its a fast changing environment.

Advertisement