Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Income Suppoirt Payment

Options
  • 12-11-2016 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am currently on mat leave and I'm due back to work the end of the month but due to childcare I will have to go back part time. I am going back working 20hours per week, and I am going to try claim the FIS payment. When applying for the payment the form requires a most recent payslip which for me would be a payslip from last May when I worked full time hours, which makes me over the limit for the FIS payment if going by that payslip. Just wondering do I require a letter from my employer stating that I am only going to be working 20 hours?
    I have tried to get in contact with the FIS section of the social welfare but they will not reply to my emails and when I ring they never call back after I leave a message!

(Not too sure if I am in the right topic either)
    Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Hi just get your employer to fill out the form z do not send your most recent payslip or they won't take you into consideration , wait until you get a payslip for the 20 hours worked , then send it along with your pps number , you have to wait over 30 minutes on hold to the fis department , also you will then be waiting up to 2 months for any payment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I had the same problem, I applied after Christmas where my payslip showed bonuses and overtime. Got my boss to right out a letter confirming my basic normal wage

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ash_Mc_

Will get a letter from my employer, as my next pay slip will be a few days before Xmas and hope to have it all sorted before then. Thank you :)

Advertisement