Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold medal announcements

Options
  • 12-11-2016 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I graduated from Trinity this year and I achieved the grade for my degree that can qualify me to receive a gold medal. I looked on the Academic Registry website. it mentioned that recipients are notified in writing. Does anyone know if there is a certain date those letters are sent?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

You get the letter about a month/two before the commencements. It's just a short paragraph saying Board of College agreed to give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 OIEHFD

Ah cheer, thanks. Sounds like I didn't get it then but oh well. Are there criteria other than having the necessary grade %?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Depends on your course... you will know it on the day of graduation, as the gold medalists are named on the front page of the booklet everyone gets

• Registered Users Posts: 3 OIEHFD

Ah right thanks for all of the info man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

Appended to Board minutes: link. Hope I'm not the confirmer of bad news.

You'd need to log in to see the criteria. 80% for mathematical sciences, 73% for arts/humanities with all above 70, with some other exceptions. If you tell me your course, I can be specific.

In case your username still works

• Advertisement
Advertisement