Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sole trader closing business with a delay.

• 12-11-2016 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was self employed as a Sole Trader in Ireland for a few years, but left the country permanently with the end of 2015. I haven't been to Ireland in 2016 at all, and had no income in Ireland that year whatsoever.
    Can I still submit my cessation form with the end date of December 31st 2015?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Yes, but if you were registered for PAYE as an employer or VAT, you may need to submit "nil" returns for the periods from Jan 2016 up to now. You should also submit your 2015 Income Tax return including the date of cessation thereon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stan67

exaisle wrote: »
    Yes, but if you were registered for PAYE as an employer or VAT, you may need to submit "nil" returns for the periods from Jan 2016 up to now. You should also submit your 2015 Income Tax return including the date of cessation thereon.
    Thank you, this was helpful.

Advertisement