Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second time buyer vs Investor?

Options
  • 12-11-2016 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I have a house now and I would like to get a second house.

I will use the second house as a weekend house so am I considered a second time buyer or investor?

I need to know because investors have to have 30% deposit whereas second time buyer only need to pay 20% deposit?

How would they bank know if you are buying it as an investment or second time buyer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I bought a second home earlier this year - every bank treated me as an investor, even though I was willing to sign a document committing to never renting it out. Most would only offer a 75% mortgage even though my main home has no mortgage. My advice is to go to the bank you got your mortgage on your main home from. I did that & got 80%, but I was told it was because I got in "just before rules changed".

Advertisement