Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manufacturing a product in Ireland.

Options
  • 12-11-2016 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I was hoping somebody could help me. So, I'm in ty at the moment and as part of the course we get to form a mini company and make a product. The problem is I don't know where in Ireland I can get my product made. I was hoping some somebody her could help me find somewhere in Ireland that will make my product. The product is made primarily of fabric.

If you need any more information feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

A little more info as to what the product is would help.

Most fabric product is made in far east - very little made here these days.

There is westend knitwear in Monasterevin http://www.westendknitwear.ie/ who could probably direct you to someone. They primarily make woollen items, but are local to you and may be willing to help in the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Maron1711

Ok thanks a million. The product is just a 40x90 cm piece of fabric that has a few pockets. It only requires a small bit of sewing that I imagine would take a very short time to make with a sewing machine.

Thanks again,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do any of the schools in your town have sewing other fabric textiles classes? Maybe they would subcontract. Or even a local clothes alterations place.

How many do you expect to sell?

Yeah, I might try a local alteration shop. As far as I know none of the schools have a class like that. At the moment, I'd say we'd be looking to get a batch of 20-30 made to start us off.

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Maron1711 wrote: »
    Yeah, I might try a local alteration shop. As far as I know none of the schools have a class like that. At the moment, I'd say we'd be looking to get a batch of 20-30 made to start us off.

Thanks,

Go to the fabric shop just past Newbridge silver (i see you are from Newbridge) - they'll have names of people who do work like that from home. A lot will be retired people who will love to help.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks a million, that's a great idea. I'll get in touch with them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

There is a FB group called Irish craft fairs chat, it has lots of people that sew for a living - there is also a group called Sewing Ireland.

Advertisement