Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 1/2" shotgun clay cartridges

Options
  • 12-11-2016 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

I shoot an old irish made side by side, i only do a few clays now and then with it to give it an outing as i am more into rifle and pistol.

The problem is though the gun being old, it has short 2 1/2 inch chambers. While game loads are easy to find in 2 1/2", they are very expensive, around 12 euro a box. They are also very heavily loaded for clays, which knocks the gun and me around.

Is there anyone else here into old guns, that could recommend a light load for short chambered shotguns ? I wish reloading was allowed here :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Eley impax 28g are pretty light and should be available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

True, still a bit pricey to be firing at clays though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

I use Eley Olympics in 7.5 28g at approx €50 a slab.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bluezulu49

Last time I was in Courtlough ( about two years ago) they had 24g 2 1/2" cartridges. Can't remember the make.

I'll look into them and see whats available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

Lakelands Mullingar ( I believe )currently stock a a 65mm trap shell by Fiocchi. I'll check later, but that's what I think I shot with the last time I was out there. I

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

Yes indeed, as per above. Fiocchi TT1, in 28g, 7.5 shot, 67mm(same length as Eley Grand Prix). I was using them at Lakelands Mullingar only in the past month. About €5 a box, and not a bad shell at that price either.

Yes indeed, as per above. Fiocchi TT1, in 28g, 7.5 shot, 67mm(same length as Eley Grand Prix). I was using them at Lakelands Mullingar only in the past month. About €5 a box, and not a bad shell at that price either.

I'll have to see if i can buy a few slabs of those and see how they go for me. Thanks.

Advertisement