Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mattress cover for bassinets

Options
  • 12-11-2016 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering on bedding for the uppababy vista bassinet, do you need a waterproof cover under a fitted sheet? Reading some reports online that it impairs ventilation? If that's the case then definitely I won't get one, I'm a FTM so not sure what I need!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Hi just wondering on bedding for the uppababy vista bassinet, do you need a waterproof cover under a fitted sheet? Reading some reports online that it impairs ventilation? If that's the case then definitely I won't get one, I'm a FTM so not sure what I need!

I just used what was on it...... didn't even think of getting anything else. Now I'm wondering if I should have! At the same time he was fine on what came on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    I just used what was on it...... didn't even think of getting anything else. Now I'm wondering if I should have! At the same time he was fine on what came on it.

I was going to do the exact same thing or use a pillowcase tucked underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I used Moses basket sheets on ours, we had a spewer so was handy having something I could change easily

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I was going to do the exact same thing or use a pillowcase tucked underneath.

I was lucky in that my guy never got sick. Might have considered putting something else on if that was a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

I used to put a large muslin cloth like a sheet tucked under tightly so if baby puked i could quivkly take it out from under without disturbing baby and dry fitted sheet underneath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Obviously i put it in a way baby head wouldnt wiggle head under it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I do the same, using pillowcases on the moses basket and carry cot with a muslin tucked in under the head. If she spews, only gotta change the muslin, sometimes it'seems heavy enough though and the mattress needs drying.

Advertisement