Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piper's Hill or Landen park

Options
  • 12-11-2016 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey. The wife and I (baby on the way) are looking at moving from Dublin to Naas. Currently living in an apartment and the house values are much better in Naas. Anyway, what do Naas folk think of the areas around Pipers Hill and Landen Park (Oldtown Demesne)? Which has nicer green areas etc? I'd most likely be getting the Sallins train to Dublin for work, so what is the drive from Pipers Hill area to the station like?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Both would be similar in demographics, but if you were taking the train, I'd go for Oldtown as its walking distance to the station. Sallins is also in the Dublin Comumter short hop zone from Jan 1st - so monthly train ticket is €146 before taxsaver savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 2nz

Thanks Walter. Google maps and others tell me that it would take 15 min on a work-day morning to get to the train from Pipers Hill. Is that accurate?
    Do you know which area would have more parks for kids and dogs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Pipers is the other side of the town and traffic will hamper travel beyond 15 mins at peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

15min would be the min travel distance to Sallins. Landen Park is a lot closer and even walkable in the drier months and easy to cycle in 5-10 min

Location wise, Landen Park is probably closer to more amenities, almost on the door step of the park, close to the Tesco, walkable to the town, GAA next door

Not knocking the Pipers development either, they would be good quality houses but having lived on the Dublin side of the town for 20yrs I prefer it, especially if you are going to be using Sallins station as your commute.

There is a primary school next door to Landen Pk aswell (Scoil Bhride)

ANy more info, just let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

OP, we bought recently in Oldbridge Station. Looked at Pipers Hill and Landen Park. Chose Oldbridge in the end as we got a great site corner in the estate but also because of proximity to the train station. My wife commutes to Connolly everyday and the Sallins train station is a 3.5minute walk from the house.

Landen Park is a 15-16 minute walk.

You may have already ruled out Oldbridge but just thought I would reply in case it helps :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement