Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BigBin - Can anyone tell me if its any good or not?

Options
  • 12-11-2016 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hello,

Just wondering can anyone tell me if BigBin is any good or not? Any other alternatives to them around Limerick? I need to get rid of a bit of extra rubbish, but don't really want to sign up to anything, my landlady already pays for Mr. Binman, but i can't wait a week for recycling to be collected after missing them last week.
    I will pay of course to dispose of the rubbish, just need to know if BigBin, or any similar service is good, or would it be better to just wait for Mr. Binman :)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Good when I was stuck need a bit of squashing to make them fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Hooked

Recycling you say??? Head to mungret for a fiver. I go every two/three months. Car (estate) full to the scut with plastic, glass and cardboard. I store all my recycling.

And I've no bin contract. I have an old wheelie bin, which I full out back in half black bags. Easier to fit. And head to the big bin every 8 weeks. You can fit a lot more in than you'd think.

Most of our food waste... Eggshells, veg and meat off cuts etc... Go to the 2 dogs, that are fed fresh (raw meat, fruit n veg).

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

Would 2nd Mungret if your stuff is recycable... they had a free day last Saturday so you just missed out

http://limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 49 emrk

Thank you LimerickLad87 :) Will definitely sign up to this place and try it out!

Hooked wrote: »
    Recycling you say??? Head to mungret for a fiver. I go every two/three months. Car (estate) full to the scut with plastic, glass and cardboard. I store all my recycling.

And I've no bin contract. I have an old wheelie bin, which I full out back in half black bags. Easier to fit. And head to the big bin every 8 weeks. You can fit a lot more in than you'd think.

Most of our food waste... Eggshells, veg and meat off cuts etc... Go to the 2 dogs, that are fed fresh (raw meat, fruit n veg).

Thanks for the tips! :) that's very handy altogether, i've gone to Mungret before with an old telly, but that was years ago!

• Advertisement

VikingG wrote: »
    Would 2nd Mungret if your stuff is recycable... they had a free day last Saturday so you just missed out

http://limerickrecyclingcentres.ie/

Thank you :) its a pity i missed it, i wish i'd asked sooner, will keep my eyes open in the future. Will definitely use Mungret now!

Just one more question with regards to mungret, is it okay to lets say have a bag of mixed materials like plastic, tins etc going in? or do they have to be separated, like plastic in one bag, tins in another? thanks in advance again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

You have to sort it yourself when you get there so best not to mix

Or like me, separate it at home as you recycle. Plastic (the majority of my recycling) under the deck in bags. Cardboard stacked in a sealed storage box with lid, glass and tins in those large plastic tubs.

Mungret take loads. Rubble, tile, etc. wood. Metal. Polystyrene. Paint tins. All for a fiver. It's gift.

Or like me, separate it at home as you recycle. Plastic (the majority of my recycling) under the deck in bags. Cardboard stacked in a sealed storage box with lid, glass and tins in those large plastic tubs.

Mungret take loads. Rubble, tile, etc. wood. Metal. Polystyrene. Paint tins. All for a fiver. It's gift.

• Advertisement
Advertisement