Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

river blackwater

Options
  • 12-11-2016 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking to see if anyone can tell me about pike fishing on the Blackwater around the Kells area. Is it worth fishing for pike or have the trout and salmon anglers seen to demise of pike? Is it club waters?

I'm not looking for any marks in particular just want to know if it can be fished really.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

Hi, there are a few good locations along the river for pike and there are some good specimens to be caught. The river is club water from Lough Ramor to Headford Bridge so even out of trout season you will need a day ticket. The club actually have a pike competition each year. The club sell day tickets online but only during trout season, you would need to contact one of the river keepers from the club. The details can be found on the club website at http://kellsanglers.com

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Thanks smokie, just wondering. From the headford bridge down to navan, who has the rights or I'd it free to fish?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭smokiebeverage

Hi Gumbo, the first stretch after Headford is private land and fishing, then you hit the golf club, who only allow access to members of the golf club, after that I'm not too sure the exact permission required but the majority of the river down to Navan would be controlled by either Kilbride or Navan and District Angling clubs.

Advertisement